Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aoife Phelan and Missing Women in Leinster

Options
  • 02-11-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

I hope that poor Aoife Phelan is found safe and well and my thoughts and prayers are with her family but for everyday that goes past you have to fear for her safety. Something which has always interested me is the mysterious circumstances surrounding all those women who disappeared in Leinster during the nineties and up until the time Larry Murphy was locked away. Now Larry Murphy had links to some of them ie. Larry Murphy had done work in Deirdre Jacobs family owned shop, Larry Murphy was seen just 5 miles away from the phone box which Joe Joe Dullard was last seen thumbing a lift on a late night in 1995 and only hours after, was seen coming out of a nearby remote forest by a mass goer and he also lived in Castledermot where there was a reported sighting of JJ Dullard later that night. Its also funny how we havent seen a missing persons case similar to Aoife Phelans since the nineties and during the time murphy was locked up and the disappearence of all those women. This case is also from a previous target area of Murphys and its been confirmed that he is currently living in the Loughboy area of Kilkenny. This man must be locked up and throw away the key.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    I hope that poor Aoife Phelan is found safe and well and my thoughts and prayers are with her family but for everyday that goes past you have to fear for her safety. Something which has always interested me is the mysterious circumstances surrounding all those women who disappeared in Leinster during the nineties and up until the time Larry Murphy was locked away. Now Larry Murphy had links to some of them ie. Larry Murphy had done work in Deirdre Jacobs family owned shop, Larry Murphy was seen just 5 miles away from the phone box which Joe Joe Dullard was last seen thumbing a lift on a late night in 1995 and only hours after, was seen coming out of a nearby remote forest by a mass goer and he also lived in Castledermot where there was a reported sighting of JJ Dullard later that night. Its also funny how we havent seen a missing persons case similar to Aoife Phelans since the nineties and during the time murphy was locked up and the disappearence of all those women. This case is also from a previous target area of Murphys and its been confirmed that he is currently living in the Loughboy area of Kilkenny. This man must be locked up and throw away the key.

So are you saying this man has something to do with this woman's disappearance look he's an evil man but you can't jump to conclusions let the guards do there job! and hopefully find this woman alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

cuana wrote: »
    So are you saying this man has something to do with this woman's disappearance look he's an evil man but you can't jump to conclusions let the guards do there job! and hopefully find this woman alive and well

He must do or either that its a copycat of Larry Murphy. Nothing like this happened while he was locked away and now that hes out and finally settling in Ireland, another woman has vanished without trace. Whether he did it or not, he is still a danger to society and when he was released I remember an FBI profiler in the National Papers saying that he would reoffend and being from Kilkenny myself, he is living in the city and everyone is living in fear with the knowledge he is within a few miles radius. Even Local Businesses have increased their levels of security because staff are fearing for their lives. That is no way to live. I mean if hes not going to be locked up he should at least be watched 24/7 but Gardai are complaining about lack of resources. Surely keeping an eye on this evil man wouldnt do any harm and maybe put some of those resources to better use. Hopefully Im wrong though and Aoife Phelan returns home safe. We can only pray now but my views on Larry Murphy wont change. As long he is let loose in society without being monitered he will always be a danger and Im sure the moment Aoife Phelans disappearence made national headlines, Larry Murphys name came to most peoples minds at some stage.

He must do or either that its a copycat of Larry Murphy. Nothing like this happened while he was locked away and now that hes out and finally settling in Ireland, another woman has vanished without trace. Whether he did it or not, he is still a danger to society and when he was released I remember an FBI profiler in the National Papers saying that he would reoffend and being from Kilkenny myself, he is living in the city and everyone is living in fear with the knowledge he is within a few miles radius. Hopefully Im wrong though and Aoife Phelan returns home safe

I don't disagree that this man shouldn't be in jail and I'm very emphatic to the fact that it must be very unnerving to know that this person lives within your area but he is not the only killer walking the streets of Ireland, there are some seriously twisted individuals out there who either haven't been caught are currently locked up or facing trial or whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Where is it confirmed he is living in Loughboy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Where is it confirmed he is living in Loughboy ?

I dont know he has been sighted numerous times in Loughboy and in Supervalue there on one occasion............
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/local/larry-murphy-rumours-1-4426083

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I dont know he has been sighted numerous times in Loughboy and in Supervalue there on one occasion............
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/local/larry-murphy-rumours-1-4426083

Then it must be true.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Not a News/Media topic - moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

everyone is living in fear with the knowledge he is within a few miles radius. Even Local Businesses have increased their levels of security because staff are fearing for their lives. That is no way to live.

That's a major exaggeration. Everyone isn't living in fear. :pac:

It's just a rumour like many others. In fact, there is another rumour is that he isn't Larry Murphy but another unnamed rapist who is worse than Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

That's a major exaggeration. Everyone isn't living in fear. :pac:

It's just a rumour like many others. In fact, there is another rumour is that he isn't Larry Murphy but another unnamed rapist who is worse than Murphy.

I'm shocked that larry murphy is living in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Well, the fact that their missing doesn't mean it's a copycat! Stop being so dramatic.

Serial killers sometimes abduct their victims.

There's probably one or two on the loose in Ireland today.

The Gardai seem to be f*cking useless in dealing with these kinds of possibilities.

Edit: I was looking at the Gardai missing persons website the other day and it's pretty much a disgrace! Hardly any info, the pictures are too small to recognise at first glance - you have to click into each one - ridiculous! They should be visible from the second you visit the site and if you wish to click for info, do so.

I mean the first thing a person will recognise is a face!!

Also, a lot of the pictures are of very poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mikom wrote: »
    not a fan of that boozer, too rapey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its also funny how we havent seen a missing persons case similar to Aoife Phelans since the nineties and during the time murphy was locked up and the disappearence of all those women. This man must be locked up and throw away the key.

That's not actually true though is it? Off the top of my head I can think of three in the last two years in Dublin. I suggest you hold off your accusations until more info is known. Also I really doubt Murphy is in Ireland. Last I heard he was in spain

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I`ve not read the etnire thread so a quick yes/no naswer, please:

Is thee anythign to link Murphy to these abductions other than someone happened to see him within a 5 mile radius?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

So are you saying this man has something to do with this woman's disappearance
    At this point in your post I thought this was going down the Father Dougal route :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Should put a camera on him 24/7 , be available in the app store for 99c.
    LarryMurphyCam, you can even work out your percentage chance of being abducted by him in the upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Well, the fact that their missing doesn't mean it's a copycat! Stop being so dramatic.

The Gardai seem to be f*cking useless in dealing with these kinds of possibilities.

Edit: I was looking at the Gardai missing persons website the other day and it's pretty much a disgrace! Hardly any info, the pictures are too small to recognise at first glance - you have to click into each one - ridiculous! They should be visible from the second you visit the site and if you wish to click for info, do so.

Maybe that's the only picture available to the family, what info would you want to see there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

I Am Kong! wrote: »

Maybe that's the only picture available to the family, what info would you want to see there?

I doubt it. I'd say the gardai specifically requested a sh1t picture from the family. They probably rejected initial offerings as too clear or recognisable, and eventually turned to photoshop to try and smudge or further obscure the worst possible picture they could get their hands on.

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm shocked that larry murphy is living in Ireland

There is nothing to say that he is.

Soups123 wrote: »
    At this point in your post I thought this was going down the Father Dougal route :)

It didn't work damn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I`ve not read the etnire thread so a quick yes/no naswer, please:

Is thee anythign to link Murphy to these abductions other than someone happened to see him within a 5 mile radius?

exactly - not a sherad of evidence. But the curtain twitchers are out in force already. Exactly as another posters said - let the authorities do their job and quite the idle gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

On what actual evidence would you be locking him up,other than your say so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

I don't disagree that this man shouldn't be in jail and I'm very emphatic to the fact that it must be very unnerving to know that this person lives within your area but he is not the only killer walking the streets of Ireland, there are some seriously twisted individuals out there who either haven't been caught are currently locked up or facing trial or whatever it is.
    Larry Murphy was never charged with or convicted of killing anyone, a lowlife he might be but lets stick to the facts not conjecture and paranoia.

Is it not a bit inappropriate to have Aoife's name in the title of this thread? Things must be difficult enough for her family and the people that know her without having to read her name in conjunction with Murphy's and rape and death, especially when there is no evidence to link her disappearance with something like that. :(

I think if you research it well enough you will find plenty of women went missing while Larry Murphy was in prison. Google is your friend. Not mine tonight since I cannot find the list, but it exists.

They are other bad people out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I may well be slated for this, but ...

I haven't heard of any significant local search effort into the disappearance of this woman.

Not compared to, say, the local efforts involved in the disappearance of the Irish vet in Wales, or in the disappearance of Jill Meagher in Melbourne. Even though it wasn't a native citizen involved, the local people came out in force

I don't get this - that we're not seeing similar search efforts for Aoife. :confused: She's a young seemingly-happy woman. She is pregnant, and by all accounts, happy about this. She has vanished. I have not heard of any reports of mental problems, or in fact of anything which would make her want to voluntarily disappear.

The Gardaí have pretty much admitted that they are stumped; that they haven't a clue what's going on in this case.

Why isn't this a bigger deal here - both in the media, and in the local community?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I read in yesterday's paper she went missing before but only for a few days and even though she said she was pregnant there is no record of hospital appointments, I would assume they have spoken to her doctor also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

zef wrote: »
    Should put a camera on him 24/7 , be available in the app store for 99c.
    LarryMurphyCam, you can even work out your percentage chance of being abducted by him in the upgrade.

hopefully paddy power will have good odds
    a decent accumalator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Not another amateur Miss Marple thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Larry Murphy is the subject or serious rumours, nearly everyone I know has had him living in their area. Earlier in the year there was a fb page set up called Larry Murphy sightings or something like that, he was rumoured to be living in south tipp and people in tipp and limerick got themselves into a series frenzy over it.

I saw Larry Murphy today down at the GAA pitch in such a place, I saw Larry Murphy staring the holy Mary statue in another place, I saw Larry Murphy buying a chicken fillet roll and a bottle of club orange in another place, it was ****ing rediculous. These are paraphrases of actual posts I remember!

Everyone was locking their doors and windows, ringing the Garda station trying to find out where he was now. The local papers ran a few stories basically stating that there were rumours going around that Larry Murphy was in the area and the Gardi said that they had no knowledge that he was in the area, funnily enough everyone forgot to read the second part.

Then the indo ran a story stating that since the year before Larry Murphy has been living in Spain and had only returned once to get a new passport after he lost his. Everyone then shut up and got on with their lives.

Last month I heard he was living in mitcheltown, now he is in Kilkenny. Jesus fella seriously gets around, doesn't he.

Take a read for yourselves

http://m.limerickleader.ie/news/local/fear-spreads-after-rumours-larry-murphy-seen-in-limerick-1-3707405

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-dismiss-newest-apparitions-of-murphy-3081259.html

In the second link you can see for yourselves how many other places he has been spotted, these are rumours and nothing more been spread by hysteria.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement