Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you don't miss?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 3:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭

I don't miss:Waking up literally feeling as if I am going to die.The constant fatigue.The eating of absolute crap when drunk, and then unable to even look at food when sober.Looking at myself in the mirror and wondering what the **** I am doing and where am I even going in the world.Poor performance in work, college and sport as a result of a seemingly never ending hangover.Wasting all my free time being hungover.Pissing all my money against the wall.Pissing in my parent's bedroom on a pile of clothes because I was so drunk I didn't know where I was or what I was doing.The feeling of being sick and tired of constantly being sick and tiredSobriety is honestly one of the greatest things I have ever discovered in my life.I genuinely feel like our society is living in a 'Matrix' of sorts. Morpheus needs to hand out more blue pills and everyone can finally wake the F*** up and take the alcohol blinkers off.What do you not miss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭libnation

I don't miss waking up needing water but being too tired to get it. I don't miss the spins. I don't miss Monday and Tuesday fatigue (fatigue as in oh my god my eyelids are shutting involuntarily).

I don't miss not being able to call a night quits when it's run it's course. I don't miss missing out on golf or other days due to hangovers.

I don't miss 2-4 extra days of crankiness (already a cranky person). Don't miss heart palpitations and respiratory problems (I know for a fact other people get this).

I don't miss having to live for the weekend, ruining friendships and not remembering weekends thereby shortening them.

I don't miss extra anxiety (already an anxious person). I don't miss the time I spent hungover which I could have spent bettering myself through an array of extra activities the most important of all having time/energy to face some issues in my life (previously I'd get upset about issues when drunk then not be able to do anything about it).

Giving up drink changed my life for the better but not by magic but because it gave me time, energy and piece of mind to put me in a position to better my life.

Drink, for me, is like the magic juice in Space Jam - if we drank non-alcoholic beer without realising it we'd get the confidence we were looking for in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Blue pills for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Dont you miss that feeling that tells you everyone regards you as a real hard man who can handle their liquor ?
    Women really go for that drunken slob look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I don't miss waking up with a hangover,
    Being a fat out of shape lard ball,
    Having to apologise to people for doing idiotuc things that I don't even remember doing, Having the horrible feeling of reliance on alcohol,
    The money I wasted,
    The moronic decisions I made and loads more,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I don't miss the hangovers either!
    The feeling that someone is tapping your head with an ice pick.
    Mouth like the Sahara desert but still to weak & spinny to get a drink of water.
    Trying to recall all I said & did the previous night.
    Hoping i didn't vomit on my shoes.
    I don't trust myself when really drunk, I make silly impulsive decisions , like i'm walking home after a row with a bf, when its 2am in Dublin city centre & home is 8km away.
    And I would be a bit rowdy when full of it too. Oh the shame & embarrasement!
    Not to mention the money aspect- going out on the town costs a fair few quid when you throw in food/ club entrance/ taxis etc. 50- 100e! Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

I dont miss Tuesdays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I don't miss empty wallets, bad hangovers, foul tastes in my mouth and stomach cramps after eating god knows what the night before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

I forgot to add ''pissing blood''. That happened twice and was pretty much the final straw the second time it occurred.It should have been the final straw the first time, but it's like that godfather scene, "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in". it's not called the devil's nectar for nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

realies wrote: »
    I don't miss waking up with a hangover,
    Being a fat out of shape lard ball,
    Having to apologise to people for doing idiotuc things that I don't even remember doing, Having the horrible feeling of reliance on alcohol,
    The money I wasted,
    The moronic decisions I made and loads more,

I'm only off the poison a week but my word, every post on this forum rings through with me. And Im only 20.

I quoting your post in particular, because of the apologising for drunken behaviour you dont remember thing.

I've grown sick and tired of having to apologise to people and/or avoid people because of my drunken behaviour. The stress and depression it has caused me is unbearable. Worryingly my behaviour continued to get worse and worse over the past year. The fact I havent ended up in court, a cell or with a serious injury is a miracle in itself. But I have no doubt if I continue with my ways I soon will....:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 xim2

feeling like **** and be paranoic of what did i did/didn't do freaking out and empty wallet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I don't miss Monday morning in work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Wasting my whole weekend trying to function and recover, remembering stupid conversations and telling people exactly what I think of them warts and all, the shock that all of the money i had in my purse has disappeared, eating junk food for 2 solid days guilt free to try to feel better........I havn't been out in a while, love the glass of red wine with dinner at weekends but thats it... Wouldn't bother me though if I never saw a drink again in my lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭libnation

In actuality drinking is pretty sh*t.

However I would never impose any drinking bans or other drug bans. People are free to choose the overrated drink/drug lifestyle.

Advertisement