Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Links Golf or Alliances at weekends

Options
  • 02-11-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Folks,

I am an improving 5 handicap golfer in a club in Co. Kildare, just enquiring if there are any links golf clubs holding opens singles over the winter months on weekend days OR any winter links alliances open to new members. Obviously courses/alliances on the east coast would be preferrable. Just want a break from the sodden inland/park land golf courses we've become accustomed to these last couple of years.

I was considering maybe something like distance/country membership for the coming year any ideas at a reasonable rate around 2hrs max driving time. Any feed back would be most appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

I did this last year in that i joined Corballis for the winter. Its 300 from now until the end of next year and u pay 11 every time u play so it does not work out that cheap. Not sure if u will find anything at the weekend but Portmarnock have a pro-am every Tuesday i think its around 40 and the european club have a singles on thru the week, they also have the singles Match play and the 4ball match plat that run thru the winter.Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

CathRaig73 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am an improving 5 handicap golfer in a club in Co. Kildare, just enquiring if there are any links golf clubs holding opens singles over the winter months on weekend days OR any winter links alliances open to new members. Obviously courses/alliances on the east coast would be preferrable. Just want a break from the sodden inland/park land golf courses we've become accustomed to these last couple of years.

I was considering maybe something like distance/country membership for the coming year any ideas at a reasonable rate around 2hrs max driving time. Any feed back would be most appreciated.

The South East Alliance play a good schedule for the winter. Google Tim Murphy on facebook and he will bring you up to speed on their outings.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

let us know how you get on, would also be interested in this, play off 9, from kildare and would love some winter links golf

you could also join the hilary, think you need to be 5 or lower and they play all the links courses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

pauldoo wrote: »
    you could also join the hilary, think you need to be 5 or lower and they play all the links courses

any more info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chef89

http://www.facebook.com/groups/seagolf/ South East Alliance, handicap limit of 5 as far as i know. Some nice fixtures in good courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

mag wrote: »
    any more info on this?

Have a look at hilarygolf.ie. Applications open in December. Played on Portmarnock Links, Laytown & Bettystown, Seapoint, Baltray, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin and Sutton. Handicap 5 or less to apply, numbers limited so membership not so easy to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

f22 wrote: »
    Have a look at hilarygolf.ie. Applications open in December. Played on Portmarnock Links, Laytown & Bettystown, Seapoint, Baltray, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin and Sutton. Handicap 5 or less to apply, numbers limited so membership not so easy to get.

looks good, great roster of courses. only isssue for me would be being available to play for all of them. so paying 225 or whatver upfront wouldnt be a go-er. are there any others apart from the above, portmarnock & mount juliet. handicap counting comps on decent tracks would be the draw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PingSeeker

Winter Alliance takes place in Rosslare Golf Club on the 1st Monday of each month (October thru to March)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CathRaig73

Many thanks for all your feedback very much appreciate it. I have considered the options and I will try to and join the Hilary society failing that I'll try the Winter Alliance out of Rosslare.

Advertisement