Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should you wait until conceiving after a section?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Well the wife had our first child last April and 6 months on we are expecting our second child. The problem is she was reading that you should wait a while until conceiving after having a section to allow everything to heal up.

Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Got pregnant five months after a c section and had a successful vaginal birth.

There are issues with scar rupture but that can happen even years after a c section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm 14 weeks now and had section in feb, so 4&1/2 months later ... We had been advised to wait a yr .. Truth be told we threw caution to the wind and tried...! My midwife didn't seem too concerned!! They just said you get a trial of labour - any complications and its a section . Other thing is they won't let u go much over and they won't induce u incase of rupture. But I'm optimistic about a normal delivery like January experienced!
    I have my first consultant apt on 22nd Nov so ill be interested to hear his opinion!

I wouldn't worry.... Too late now anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Our consultant didnt say how long to wait before trying to conceive again and we didnt think it would happen as quick ( famous last words! ). After a bit of googling in the middle of the night my wife was a bit upset by what she read but these comments have eased her greatly. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Would be very interested to hear what your consultant says when you go for your appointment on nov 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Steven81 wrote: »
    Our consultant didnt say how long to wait before trying to conceive again and we didnt think it would happen as quick ( famous last words! ). After a bit of googling in the middle of the night my wife was a bit upset by what she read but these comments have eased her greatly. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Would be very interested to hear what your consultant says when you go for your appointment on nov 22nd.

Aw honestly tell her not to worry - the midwife wasn't a little bit put out! Ill keep u updated! Google is just full of rubbish and scaremongering so I wouldn't pay any heed - ppl only report the bad stories not the run of the mill normal situations!! There's another girl on here whose expecting and fell pregnant after a section when her baby was 3 months and she's a couple of months ahead of me and doing well :)

What's meant to be will be - we were exactly the same - we were 'trying' but it took us a yr and a half last time....!!! Just think - they'll be best of buds :)

Advertisement