Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Situational or chemical depression?

Options
  • 03-11-2012 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,
    I'm having a hard time accepting that I have depression, despite it being a problem for a long time now, years. Various professionals have told me it's down to my situation, that when things change, I'll get better. the problem is none of these professionals know what I was like years ago. I think now, looking back, depression is something that's been in the background since I was a teenager, but it only became apparent as life got more challenging, and that's when I went looking for help. I've had several bad episodes over the last 5 years, the worst this year, which kept me out of work for 4 months. But, despite eventually climbing out of the hole, I seem determined to put myself back in it. I've slipped a lot the last few weeks, and can't summon up the drive to do anything about it. I desperately want someone else to make it better for me. That said, things are nowhere near as bad as they were 6 months ago. But i'm so disappointed, because I thought once I got better last time, that was it, no more depression.
    I'd really like to hear from anyone else in a similar situation now or in the past, and how you helped yourself with it. I know at the end of the day I'm the only one who can fix this, just right now I really don't want to.
    Thanks
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement