Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAGEE -v- KESSLER

Options
  • 02-11-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Brian Magee is upgraded from interim to full champion ahead of his bout with Kessler! That makes Magee a 2 times World Champion.
    Brian Magee is the new WBA super middleweight world champion after having his interim title upgraded by the governing body.
    The decision means that Magee's fight against Mikkel Kessler on December 8th is not for the vacant world title.
    The 37-year-old southpaw is now rated as the reigning and defending WBA superb middleweight champion.
    If Magee beats Kessler, he will fight the unified world champion Andre Ward next year.
    Mgaee is targeting a hat-trick of wins over Danish opponents........... Read Full Article

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Come on Magee. :-)

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

cowzerp wrote: »
    Come on Magee. :-)
    got to hand to him, is doin so well for himself. worried after seeing get picked apart by bute and then what happened to bute...style make fights for sure but lets wait and see.

winner has to fight ward within six months www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/11/magee-v-kessler-winner-has-to-face-ward.html

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I would love to see him win but I think he will be soundly dominated. No disrespect, but it is Brian MaGee. Kessler isn't spectacular, but he should be far too good for a 38 year old Brian MaGee. Maybe Brian will go the route, but he has nothing to offer as regards power, and that is his big problem. Kessler will feel like he's getting hit by pebbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

walshb wrote: »
    I would love to see him win but I think he will be soundly dominated. No disrespect, but it is Brian MaGee. Kessler isn't spectacular, but he should be far too good for a 38 year old Brian MaGee. Maybe Brian will go the route, but he has nothing to offer as regards power, and that is his big problem. Kessler will feel like he's getting hit by pebbles.

There are plenty of ko's through Magees record id love to see him win this one, he can do it

barney4001 wrote: »
    There are plenty of ko's through Magees record id love to see him win this one, he can do it

Plenty of KOs against whom?

I too would like to see him win, but it just ain't gonna' happen.

• Advertisement

...which highlights how successful he has been in making a career for himself. theres better fighters who havent come close to getting these opportunities. definitely limited at this level but theres always hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Plenty of KOs against whom?

Out of his 25 (60.98%) KO record, Larsen & Markussen spring to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Interestingly Magee is 9/2 on Paddy Power but 7/1 on BET365

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭farmer_dave

What time is this on at?

What time is this on at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

What time is this on at?

Should be entering ring in bout 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭farmer_dave

Thanks - endswell. Anyone got a stream for it please PM it to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

What time is this on at?

Thanks - endswell. Anyone got a stream for it please PM it to me?
    watchin it on sky on phone so cant help.maybe firstrowsports or boxingscene's videos section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Sopcast address: DIGI SPORT 1

Not sure if I'm breaking piracy rules- apologies if I am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Froch should have to bring his misses into the booth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Come ON Magee knock Knock him the feck out, here we gooo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

Magee in massive trouble here.
    He just can't take the body punches.

Edit: Over in the 3rd. Another body punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

tough round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Magee shipping huge straight rights to the body twice and goes down twice. Should really lower his guard, way too high.

• Advertisement

Can't handle the body punches at all. This won't last much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Third body shot. That's all folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Feck me all over it was over in the 2nd really just could not take them body shots

Magee didn't do his sit-ups!

depressin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

Easy work for Kessler.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Shocking high guard by Magee, even after he got his gut busted first time round. He really needed to keep them elbows down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Easy night for Kessler, and I really hope the rematch with Froch goes ahead, and I'd like to go if it's in Nottingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Shocking high guard by Magee, even after he got his gut busted first time round. He really needed to keep them elbows down.

so easy to say, I just hope he comes away from this fight with knowledge, and keeps safe (stops pumping gloves?)

• Advertisement

Brian looks like a small MW fighting at SMW. I knew it wouldn't go 12. He's juts not near that kind of level.

Advertisement