Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility of aero bars to handlebars.

Options
  • 01-11-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

The handlebars that came standard with my road bike are a flat design and therefore do not allow a lot of room for clip on aerobars to attach to them.

There is quiet limited space in the middle either side of where the stem is attached and because of this, the aero bars I have on them at present are hugging either side of the stem allowing very little elbow room or arm space.

Im going have to change over to a traditional fully rounded handlebar to have any chance of finding an aero bar that will clip on to it whilst allowing sufficient elbow and arm room.

Im having a bit of trouble paring up a handlebar with a set of clip on aerobars as im not confident in measuring the dimensions there giving.

I had picked out these: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/pro-synop-al-s-bend-ttl-extension-bars-pads/ to be paired with whatever cheap pair of handlebars I can find.

Now I measured the circumference of my current handlebars which came in at 10.5cm / 105 mm but does not seem to correspond in any way with the measurements there given for handlebars on the website.

The above mentioned aerobars say they have a 31.8 mm clamp system with the ability to be adjusted to fit 26.0 mm handlebar. To me, this makes little sense as I have measured my current handlebars circumference to be 105mm???

What am I missing here lads??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

subscriber wrote: »
    What am I missing here lads??

That the sizes given for handlebars are usually the diameter and not circumfrence?

Advertisement