Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Woman' leaves baby in pram to racially abuse and attack stranger

Options
  • 01-11-2012 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭

And the parents of the year award goes to....
    Serial thug Amanda Lowe, 26, was only yards away from her daughters, aged four months and eight years, when she shouted abuse at a passer-by.

As her boyfriend joined in and punched the victim to the ground, Lowe repeatedly stamped on the man’s head before returning to her children, miming a punch and a kick to show what she had done.

A judge called Lowe a ‘disgrace’ after watching horrifying CCTV footage of the attack and warned of the effects it would have on her children.

Judge Lindsey Kushner, QC, told her: ‘Kids who have mothers who behave like you end up behaving like you. That damage starts from when they are tiny.’

But despite the fact it was a fourth conviction for assault in six years for Lowe – who is now pregnant again – the judge spared her a prison sentence for the sake of those children.
    Walked free: Lowe's conviction is her fourth conviction in six years

Walked free: Lowe's conviction is her fourth conviction in six years

That meant that despite a string of convictions between them, Lowe’s boyfriend and cousin, who also intervened, had to be freed as well because they had admitted less serious offences.

Lowe had been drinking with Wesley Earls, father of her unborn child, and Daniel Wray in Piccadilly Gardens in the centre of Manchester this May when the attack took place, the city’s Crown Court heard.

The area was crowded with families enjoying the evening sunshine as Khuram Nisar walked through on his way home from work.

Without provocation, Lowe shouted racist abuse at him and added: ‘You’re a terrorist, don’t come near me, I’m worried you’ll blow me up’ and ‘Go back to Pakistan’.

He responded by telling 26-year-old Earls to ‘control his woman’, but Earls reacted by punching Mr Nisar to the ground, joined by Wray, 21.

CCTV footage shows Lowe leaving her eight-year-old daughter, along with the pram with her baby in, and enthusiastically joining in the assault.

She is seen repeatedly kicking Mr Nisar’s head and stamping on it in front of witnesses. He suffered cuts and bruises.

After the fight was broken up Lowe appeared ‘thrilled’ by what she had done and threw a pretend punch, the court heard.

As they left the square Lowe was seen miming a kick. Seconds later the three were arrested.

Between them they had 21 previous convictions, the court heard, many for violence.

Link
    < Pics and vid

Judges in general do not want to see families split up, and I agree, but given the convictions the two of them have behind them, I don't understand why the judgement was so lenient. Both she and her boyfriend were sent on 'programmes' and let away with their behaviour in front of the children, despite what they'd done previously.

I think those children, and the child she is pregnant with should be taken into care until they prove they can be parents to those children. I can accept the fact that they may not have come from decent backgrounds themselves, but where does that end? Monkey see, monkey do.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I read the title as the baby being the abusive racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Serial thug - 4th conviction in 6 years, I'm not sure I would call that serial.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I read the title as the baby being the abusive racist!

Now that ye say it... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

model citizen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Abi wrote: »
    Monkey see, monkey do.
    Unfortunate choice of words there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Mutants like her shouldn't be allowed pro-create.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

The video made me feel twitchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Judge Kushner told Lowe: ‘The damage you are doing to your children – there at the time and seeing you drunk, the risk you put them at – is disgraceful. She was in that state in charge of two children.

'That in itself is a criminal offence, drunk in charge of a child. How irresponsible can you get? You could easily have been dealing with a care case here.’

But she said the ‘enormous impact’ that jailing Lowe would have on her children meant it was unfair to lock her up

I mean seriously.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

And the children may possibly/probebly have been with them while they were drinking beforehand. Oh yeah the kids will benefit from then not being sent to jail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I think those children, and the child she is pregnant with should be taken into care until they prove they can be parents to those children. I can accept the fact that they may not have come from decent backgrounds themselves, but where does that end? Monkey see, monkey do.

Thoughts?

I'm sure all the alcohol shes chugging while she's pregnant ensures her coming child will have the ideal start in life...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

She and her male equivalent should be neutered.

I could never fathom how scum like this can have kids, and keep having them, yet you need a licence to have a dog and if you mistreat animals, you are rightly banned from having them in future in some cases.

Not comparing the two - but look at the Baby P case, that vile creature participated in the death of her son and she was pregnant with another poor child when the case was raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Nodin wrote: »
    I'm sure all the alcohol shes chugging while she's pregnant ensures her coming child will have the ideal start in life...

Did she drink while pregnant? I think unless it's proven then it's a bit unfair to assume that. Even scumbags like this woman can generally try for a child.
    Never mind, I wasn't thinking right. I thought you meant the older child that she had was when she was drinking.

Anyway my thoughts are it's a feckin' joke she was let go. Even some sort of punishment like community service or the likes is far better a lesson to teach her and the child instead of "get pregnant love, you'll be free from punishment".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Surely allowing the family to stay as a unit is no longer the best course of action in this case. Children in care will turn out much better than in a family like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Nodin wrote: »

I was trying to work out the time frame myself, but it seems the pics of her looking a bit round in the stomach was from the baby she had four months prior. She at the time of the report - today, is pregnant again. It doesn't say how long though.. o_O

I just can't get my head around the lightness of the judgement, given theres such young children being brought up by parents that don't care what they see or hear. It's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I was trying to work out the time frame myself, but it seems the pics of her looking a bit round in the stomach was from the baby she had four months prior. She at the time of the report - today, is pregnant again. It doesn't say how long though.. o_O

I just can't get my head around the lightness of of the judgement, given theres such young children being brought up by parents that don't care what they see or hear. It's disgusting.

Lovely cheery stuff allright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why is she still in possession of the kids? She's literally scum. She doesn't deserve children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Poor guy, although his choice of words where not ideal, no one should control another person.

I think she and people of her ilk who are let off in these racial cases should be made to take tolerance and understanding classes and to have drove home what this form of abuse physical/mental has on the victim.

Been let of scot-free just hides the problem and does nothing to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

That video really proves she is an unfit parent. I imagine her own parents and her boyfriend's were equally charming. Unfortunately, her children will continue the cycle.

I shocked at the ruling in this case, hopefully social services will step in - although their track record doesn't inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

My heart breaks when I read stories like this. Those poor, misfortunate children.
    She's able to pop out babies with no problems & there's people who would crawl miles on broken glass to become parents but are unable to. Imagine the loving & stable home those kids could have, now look at the beast that had them. Talk about drawing the short straw.
    The world is a very unjust place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ConfusedLepton

Even if you buy the line about not sending her to prison for the 'sake of the kids', what about the other two that attacked this guy? Post racist abuse on twitter and you get 14 weeks in prison, shout racist abuse in public and punch a man in the head while he's lying on the ground and you're sent on a course!

The daily mail really have rabble rousing down to an art form!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Social services are useless. I dont even know how they operate, seems different rules for everyone, and I grew up in foster homes and seeing foster children come in and out.

I couldnt stand by and watch somebody being racially abused, but you always put your kids first. No child should their parents acting like scumbags. Ive often stood up for someone getting mugged or abused on the street, but if children are involved they are always the first priority.

Horrible stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

Stick the bitch in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Really does make you wonder about the mental capacity of some judges though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Those round eyed white folk can be so cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I just can't get my head around the lightness of the judgement, given theres such young children being brought up by parents that don't care what they see or hear. It's disgusting.

For the time stamp on the video the incident seems to have happened on the 21st of May this year. Just over 5 months ago. My guess is she got pregnant so as she wouldn't be locked up, judges don't like locking up pregnant women and I have heard of people doing such things in the past.

I honestly don't understand why the judge admonished her for poor parenting and then decided not to give her a custodial sentence because it would be traumatic for her children, perhaps it would be but in the Longterm they would be much better off away from her. He said himself this is how children grow up to be scumbags, from watching their parents! Makes no sense :confused: I hope that child services are involved and they keep on her, she is by no stretch of the imagination a fit parent and everyday she spends "parenting" her children will only do them further damage. Scum should be rotting in a prison cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I hope that asian lad takes a civil case and sues the **** outta them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

She's deffo getting the ride after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

I love how woman is put in inverted commas. It's fitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

That meant that despite a string of convictions between them, Lowe’s boyfriend and cousin, who also intervened, had to be freed as well because they had admitted less serious offences.
    I thought her boyfriend and cousin were the same person until I looked at the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Junk_Mail

People like that are a threat to society and should not be allowed to have children! Everything crossed that social services step in and put the children in care. If they are dragged up like that then that is all they know, ultimately it will be taking three more thugs off the streets before they can be bred that way!

Advertisement