Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skysports on saorview problems

Options
  • 01-11-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Recently got saorview, all channels are there but everytime i go to watch skysports 1 or 2 it say content scrambled and a little lock symbol. I have two sky boxes in my house but the tv is in my room, anyone have any clue what to do? Everything above board, no illegal craic now
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mitch epitag

What the feck has saorview got to do with sky sports and sky boxes ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Sky doesn't have anything to do with Saorview.

Is either of the Sky boxes connected to your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bradyj1995

tdv123 wrote: »
    Sky doesn't have anything to do with Saorview.

Is either of the Sky boxes connected to your TV?

It says its a encrypted channel if that helps at all

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Bradyj1995 wrote: »
    It says its a encrypted channel if that helps at all

Sky Sports is a pay channel. It is encrypted to stop people watching for free.

Saorview has FREE channels only.

You cannot get Sky Sports on a Saorview box.

MarkK wrote: »

Sky Sports is a pay channel. It is encrypted to stop people watching for free.

Saorview has FREE channels only.

You cannot get Sky Sports on Saorview.

Ok, but i already have sky in my house in other rooms, would i have to pay extra to get it on this tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Bradyj1995 wrote: »
    Ok, but i already have sky in my house in other rooms, would i have to pay extra to get it on this tv?

You could either get an extra Sky box for that TV which would mean a monthly multi-room fee, or you could get a TV Eye system like this: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=sky+eye&authToken=

MarkK wrote: »

You could either get an extra Sky box for that TV which would mean a monthly multi-room fee, or you could get a TV Eye system like this: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=sky+eye&authToken=

cheers, thanks for helping me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mitch epitag

So you thought you should be able to pick up sky sports on saorview ? SIGH

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Sky sports is broadcast from NI on the freeview platform, it can be accessed by paying a sub to get it, afaik it can only be done through Bt vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So not on the Freeview platform then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

as im sure your aware i meant it is broadcast across the air like freeview, some freeview/saorview boxes will see it but afaik it can only be accessed by people who subscribe to bt vision.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

And Top Up TV too. Look, in the absence of the OP being very clear what he's talking about, I'm gonna have to close this thread. It doesn't belong in Cable, at any rate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement