Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 inch mac book pro

Options
  • 01-11-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have a 15 inch mac book pro that has recently become very slow any advice what I could do to make it the beast it once was for me again? At the best price possible of course:D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Depends what your limit is really.
    Firstly look at upgrading the RAM on your system €40 (crucial.co.uk)
    Install Onyx software and run a maintenance check on it.
    Upgrade to Mountain Lion if you haven't already, it’s pretty quick

The biggest thing you could do is install an SSD to replace the hard drive in your machine. You are talking €300 for that but it’ll have amazing speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

TheGez wrote: »
    I have a 15 inch mac book pro that has recently become very slow any advice what I could do to make it the beast it once was for me again? At the best price possible of course:D

What generation (year) is your MacBook Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheGez

it is 4 years old what would I get if i were to sell it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

TheGez wrote: »
    it is 4 years old what would I get if i were to sell it?

Have a look around adverts.ie, and see what similar ones are going for......

• Advertisement
Advertisement