Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecig article in todays irish Examiner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Good man Shane.

Gona link that article on ECF, it's the first report that dosn't seem to have an agenda.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Cracking article, great to see one on the good side of vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Campbell is branching out from reviews, opening an online store aimed at women, Pure Vapour, and has bigger plans: "My next venture, hopefully, will be a lounge where you can have a vape and a coffee," she says.
    Right. You open up to a niche market, and then you close off half the market in your planning. There's a business genius, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Right. You open up to a niche market, and then you close off half the market in your planning. There's a business genius, anyway.

Bit of an unnecessary comment, dont ya think?

I was always of the understanding that one of the best ways to succeed in business is to offer a product or service that none of your competitors offer.

Just as an example and by all means correct me if i'm wrong but I don't recall seeing pink or purple twists available from any other Irish vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Elbow wrote: »

Bit of an unnecessary comment, dont ya think?

I was always understanding that one of the best ways to succeed in business is to offer a product or service that none of your competitors offer.

Just as an example and by all means correct me if i'm wrong but I don't recall seeing pink or purple twists available from any other Irish vendor.

and I'm sure we all know a woman who would much prefer a slim purple or red or pink pv instead of a provari or a gripper or even just the normal black ego battery with kanger on top

and I'm sure we all know a woman who would much prefer a slim purple or red or pink pv instead of a provari or a gripper or even just the normal black ego battery with kanger on top

Case in point, I ordered a purple twist for my girlfriend 2 weeks ago, her sister asked me to order another one last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If you bring an item to the market, as in this case, electronic cigarettes, you target people who smoke electronic cigarettes. You don't target a subset of that demographic unless the superset is vast. Vaping being a niche market, you don't target a specific demographic. At least, if you have any business sense, you don't. I don't have particularly great business sense, and even I can see the inanity of the approach.

Edit: I'd hope that the article misspeaks, and it doesn't go out of its way to only market in a certain way. Not out of being sexist, but as practical business sense. If the article is putting across something that is contrary to the facts, then that is an entirely different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

The market is saturated with vendors offering plain black and silver ego batteries etc. I've ordered a couple of times from purevapour simply because they offer stuff other vendors don't. If it was just the same stuff as everyone else I would have ordered from vendors I'm already familiar with. She's got it bang on if you ask me

I duno but she had the best presented table at vapefest, even I, a macho man ;), was tempted by the pretty little mini egos in pink.
    Having a USP is a good thing but then again I've had 4 failed businesses, what do I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

The biggest demographic taking up smoking is teenage girls. Present them with something that feeds their addiction, is cheaper and looks very cool and you could be on to something. She's thinking outside the box and is probably in a better position to know the market than us. A vaping lounge...why not? Maybe vaping parties like the Ann Summers ones....might even sell a few Provaris:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The one thing i've gotten since i started form my missus is, "you're not going to go around with that yoke and it looks like a dildo/bomb detinator"

Give her a purple/pink ego twist, with a pink clearomizer and some zero nic Pink Spot e-juice, and she's down stairs in the evenings vaping up a storm.

I think PureVapour is a fantastic idea, get the women involved, and the men will follow, and lets face it, women are far more inclined to get their girl friends involved, while having a chat over a cuppa coffee in the morning, than a man is.

eeloe wrote: »
    Give her a purple/pink ego twist, with a pink clearomizer and some zero nic Pink Spot e-juice, and she's down stairs in the evenings vaping up a storm.

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Reading this thread has given me a brainwave, a ego vibrating attachment:D It could be called the egasm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I dunno, If a man said...
    Hey guys, I know how to sell more ego's to women. Lets make some pink ones!!

Well, he'd be called Mysoginist this, Chauvenist that, Dinosaur perpetuating gender stereotypes etc etc

Come on girls!! Are you really telling me that the lack of Pink ego's is what was holding you back???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Calibos wrote: »

Well, he'd be called Mysoginist this, Chauvenist that, Dinosaur perpetuating gender stereotypes etc etc

Come on girls!! Are you really telling me that the lack of Pink ego's is what was holding you back???

I hate the pink-for-girls thing with a passion - that it extends to vaping doesn't surprise me but does make me do a small facepalm. Business is business though I spose so fair play to Cass for catering for that market. I'd rather a big shiny chrome dildo-weapon myself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Funny you say that right now, and with your weapon of choice - she's just announced that PureVapour are the Irish suppliers of ePipeMods and PipeSauce on FB.
    Nice move on her part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

grindle wrote: »
    Funny you say that right now, and with your weapon of choice - she's just announced that PureVapour are the Irish suppliers of ePipeMods and PipeSauce on FB.
    Nice move on her part.

Very nice move!

Just more sexism, pink for the girls, pipes for the boys. Shameless stereotyping, I'm offended and shocked and disappointed. And off to check out how much an e-pipe mod is :D

Advertisement