Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do with my ideas for books?

Options
  • 01-11-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hello:) over the past few days I have thought of one or two plotlines or stories that I think would make a great book. I was just wondering, what do I do next? Do I try and write the book or should I go to someone professional and see what they think? I'm only 15, and I don't want to come across as cocky or too eager, but I really love reading and writing and I'm just a bit lost as to how to approach something like this.? Sorry if I sound confusing, thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Write the book first

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah write it.

And don't worry about appearing cocky. Trust your idea and your own judgement otherwise you'll never write anything.

NaNoWriMo starts today. Get writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

Thanks for the replies, I'll get to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

And after writing say a chapter or two post some of the first chapter and ask for feedback which is always useful to recieve good or bad. And most importantly enjoy it :)

Ill post the 1st chapter when i get home :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FudgeBrace wrote: »
    Ill post the 1st chapter when i get home :)

If you're doing NaNo don't because it'll stop you getting to the finish line.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    If you're doing NaNo don't because it'll stop you getting to the finish line.

yeah okay i won't. Just past the 4000 mark !!:D:D

Advertisement