Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Clearance - Tesco

Options
  • 01-11-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Tesco have reduced all Halloween branded sweets ie Cadbury Mallows 40 cents, Cadbury mini fingers (5 pack) now 50 cents. There were loads of others as well

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

redalan wrote: »
    Tesco have reduced all Halloween branded sweets ie Cadbury Mallows 40 cents, Cadbury mini fingers (5 pack) now 50 cents. There were loads of others as well

A bargain indeed.

BUT

What ever happened to the good auld days of fruit like apples,oranges,bananas,and things like peanuts and monkey nuts??

No wonder so many kids teeth are fcuked up and so may kids have health issues these days.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^

ocd-family-guys-buzz-killington-20090605014340917-000.jpg

Alright there Jamie Oliver!

I rememeber in "ought-dickety" a tuppence used to get me a half-glass of Guinness and a trip to the picture-house and back, but we're not there anymore.

Plus gum disease is as much a cause in tooth loss nowadays than your average sweet tooth.

But hey, I'm not gonna wax lyrical about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

redalan wrote: »

Which Tesco? As per usual Cabra had nothing though I remember after Christmas they shipped all their reduced stock over to Finglas. Cabra is a pretty crap shop :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

This was in Finglas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

paddy147 wrote: »
    What ever happened to the good auld days of fruit like apples,oranges,bananas,and things like peanuts and monkey nuts?
    If you see any good deals on these let us know. Fact is the prices have sort of switched over the years, when I was a kid I always presumed people have nuts & apples as they were cheap, I did hear peoples parents saying they were not going to give out expensive bars when I was young.

But now various 6 packs of apples are all around 2.95 in tesco, about 50cent each. I can buy bars cheaper now than in the 80's, even leaving aside inflation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

paddy147 wrote: »
    A bargain indeed.

BUT

What ever happened to the good auld days of fruit like apples,oranges,bananas,and things like peanuts and monkey nuts??

:(

Er, kids hate getting these ?

Anyway, no sensible parent would give kids free rein over their bag of swag once they bring it home. plus its only one night a year.

Halloween Scrooge !

Advertisement