Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actual Detective Comics (Not DC!!) suggestions

Options
  • 01-11-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Long time casual comic collector myself, but my wife has recently stated she would like to try some comics featuring detectives or stories like that. Think Sherlock holmes, police procedural stuff, set in the real world.

You guys know of any good comics to point me towards?

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Self Made Hero have published adaptations of several Sherlock Holmes stories, which wouldn't be a bad place to start. See here for details.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other comics that fit the bill. Gotham City PD might be worth checking out, but I've not read it so I can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Cool Fysh thanks for the suggestion, Those Sherlock Holmes ones sound ideal.

She liked the batman movies so perhaps the gotham city PD ones would be good... will investigate further.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

i came across an old valiant series lately called grave diggers that as about cold cases mixed with a bit of international espionage that was fairly cool.IDW have released a fair few CSI comics too if she is into that programme.

Advertisement