Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi Looking For Stamped Passport ??

Options
  • 01-11-2012 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Applied in June sent off all documents.Today in post 3 letters from them looking for FCAF.
    This was sent 2 months ago. Finally got through to them on phone after holding for 45mins.
    They said they have ALL my documents except for.... a copy of my passport stamped by the Gardai.

Hmmm I sent a photocopy of my passport already but no ,she wants my passport stamped by the Gardai:confused:
    Went to Garda station and Guard almost collapsed with laughter
    We never stamp passports and dont stamp copies of it either,"tell them to ring the Garda commisioner".

SUSI dont know if they are on foot or horseback. Sick of the letters and emails saying they didnt receive documents then saying they have them.
    Dont know what I am supposed to do now about the passport.
    Will they be looking for DNA sample in next letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Go to a different Garda station. I got a photocopy of my passport stamped and signed by a guard in my local station.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaflin

Most Garda stations don't have any problem stamping the copies of the passport.
    Sounds to me more like you got a lazy Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Garda stations do stamp copies of passports

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Bettyboop wrote: »
    Applied in June sent off all documents.Today in post 3 letters from them looking for FCAF.
    This was sent 2 months ago. Finally got through to them on phone after holding for 45mins.
    They said they have ALL my documents except for.... a copy of my passport stamped by the Gardai.

Hmmm I sent a photocopy of my passport already but no ,she wants my passport stamped by the Gardai:confused:
    Went to Garda station and Guard almost collapsed with laughter
    We never stamp passports and dont stamp copies of it either,"tell them to ring the Garda commisioner".

SUSI dont know if they are on foot or horseback. Sick of the letters and emails saying they didnt receive documents then saying they have them.
    Dont know what I am supposed to do now about the passport.
    Will they be looking for DNA sample in next letter?

Just an update dont need photocopy of passport if an Irish citizen
    and I did send away long birthcert in June.
    I give up :mad:

Advertisement