Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time off work for physio antenatal appointments

Options
  • 31-10-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering if I'm entitled to time off work to attend physio antenatal appointments. Was with my consultant last week and they have referred my onto a physio in the hospital as my back is starting to act up. The physio's only do appointment Mon to Fri from 9 to 4.30 so have no choice but to go during the day. Are these treated the same as consultant and gp appointments when it comes to time off work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say yes you are because they're maternity appointments.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ask your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hi op - I took this off www.irishhealth.com. As your appt is related to antenatal it seems you are entitled to the time off

Am I entitled to time off for medical visits?
    An employee is allowed time off as necessary from work, without loss of pay, to attend medical or related antenatal or postnatal care. An employee must give her employer at least two weeks notice, where possible of such appointments.
    You are also entitled to take paid time off to attend one set of antenatal classes (except the last 3 classes, which would normally occur after maternity leave has started). This entitlement only covers one set of antenatal classes for all pregnancies while in employment. Fathers also have a once-off right to paid time off work to attend the two antenatal classes immediately prior to the birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 annegreen

Absolutely - your employer must pay for your visits

Advertisement