Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

should i take back ?

• 31-10-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice.

I had wheels for sale in adverts - https://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/original-15-inch-toyota-wheels-for-sale/1719413

agreed about price with buyer, when he came, he asked, am i sure those wheels are are 5x114.3 ? he want put them on mazda 6. i didnt know , will they fit to Mazda 6, but PCD was correct. He took wheels, and now i checked in internet, and discovered that Mazda 6 has center bore bigger than on my wheels, so them wont fit. so more likelly he will be back to me.... shall i take them beck, or no, information was provided enough , buyers shall know what they are buying.

BTW .. here is great site for wheels , PCD's and center bores ... http://www.wheelfitment.eu/ (probably mods shall make that site sticky, to save a lot of headaches for people) .

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Generally speaking, it's buyer beware but personally, I'd take them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ahhhh, I probably would just to be sound. Seems like a genuine mistake. I think I'd feel bad for the chap.

But you don't have to of course, sold as seen, you were very forthcoming with details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i wouldn't give his money back, he should have done his homework.

i've had a set of wheels on donedeal the last few days, have lads texting asking will they fit a golf/ focus/ civic/ tractor/ sofa etc. ffs its the buyers job to do that research not my job to tell them. i put up the PCD and offset and what they were fitted to after that i dont know and cant advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

wheels were without tires, if they will not check, they will go to tire shop tomorrow, will fit tires, and will discover them wont fit. , shall i text them a message about that, or make them bite elbows ? i was all my live too good to others :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

his problem really, but I'd take them back if his attitude was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Mar4ix wrote: »
    wheels were without tires, if they will not check, they will go to tire shop tomorrow, will fit tires, and will discover them wont fit. , shall i text them a message about that, or make them bite elbows ? i was all my live too good to others :/
    I wouldn't be chasing trouble either though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

See if he comes back himself, don't volunteer to take them back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I would text him that you have checked some more online and you don't think they will fit his car before he gets the tyres on and he has a lot of ball ache trying to sort it out

.... and else, bought that wheels off someone in limerick, price was too good , even traveling for from Dublin to Limerick, wheels was advertised as for toyota avensis, (as i got it around that time , was after alloys) . how dare that seller saying this, as i blindly went after them. i didnt fancy go back to Limerick, decided sell with full information about alloys. still driving on rusty steelies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

It's true he should have done his homework but he probably saw your ad stating they will fit a Mazda6 and took your word for it.

Just ask yourself what if i were in his situation. Which would you prefer?

• Advertisement

Cungi wrote: »
    It's true he should have done his homework but he probably saw your ad stating they will fit a Mazda6 and took your word for it.

Just ask yourself what if i were in his situation. Which would you prefer? What is most likely to happen?

fyp

What is most likely to happen?

Probably nothing to the OP but the buyer is gonna be pissed.
    And from the tone of the OP's post he seems to be feelin a little guilty (I could be wrong)

Good Karma and all that jazz. :)

Just ask yourself what if i were in his situation. Which would you prefer?

well, if youll look carefully, there is list of cars , which have bolt pattern 5x114.3 . without center bore information, also i am not wheel dealer, i just provided information, what i found in website , consider as professional advice, without taking in mind center bore is so different on cars. ill ask mods remove that my comment, as it is not correct. i will put more accurate list.

btw, just send them text message with explanation, going take wheels back, so probably it is my karma be good guy, and suffer from this :/

I would take them back if he came complaining but only after a good inspection, but as i said above i wouldn't go volunteering until he made the decision to come looking.

A friend could have bought them
    He could have had a little rage moment and damaged/buckled them
    He could have scrapped them and chalked it up to experience.

It's like when you are buying anything, silence is your friend but the the other fellas

Probably nothing to the OP but the buyer is gonna be pissed.
    And from the tone of the OP's post he seems to be feelin a little guilty (I could be wrong)

Good Karma and all that jazz. :)

give up on good karma in this day and age.

the gentlemanly thing to do would be to refund obviously, if the person who bought the wheels asks.

but i could only imagine if i bought a set of wheels from donedeal and a few days later i contacted the seller for a refund because i didnt do my research i know where i would be told to go.

give up on good karma in this day and age.

the gentlemanly thing to do would be to refund obviously, if the person who bought the wheels asks.

but i could only imagine if i bought a set of wheels from donedeal and a few days later i contacted the seller for a refund because i didnt do my research i know where i would be told to go.

Pretty much this tbh, and alot of people feel this way which is what im getting at in my above post. Some people are honest to a fault, if somsone hasn't done their homework they deserve to get a little sting now and again to focus their minds

well, if youll look carefully, there is list of cars , which have bolt pattern 5x114.3 . without center bore information, also i am not wheel dealer, i just provided information, what i found in website , consider as professional advice, without taking in mind center bore is so different on cars. ill ask mods remove that my comment, as it is not correct. i will put more accurate list.

btw, just send them text message with explanation, going take wheels back, so probably it is my karma be good guy, and suffer from this :/

I know you provided all the info you could and it is up to the buyer to check all this out.
    All i'm saying is that he probably took your word as gospel.

And if you do decide to let him know, hopefully he'll give you wonderful feedback

I send text message to "new" owners same evening about wheels and car mismatch, and they said, they will bring wheels this Sunday back, as they are working, and cant bring them back straight away.

there is some outcome, which make me and " new" owners happy.

anyone interested ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I send text message to "new" owners same evening about wheels and car mismatch, and they said, they will bring wheels this Sunday back, as they are working, and cant bring them back straight away.

there is some outcome, which make me and " new" owners happy.

anyone interested ?

Fair play

Hope you get a bit of luck in return

Hammertime wrote: »
    Fair play

Hope you get a bit of luck in return

well, it is not Sunday yet,.....

Just this morning got text message from them, that they managed sell those wheels to somebody, so my hands and soul are clean and with some money in my pocket. :) Maybe Karma :pac:

bee good to others, and at some point itll pay off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Brilliant:D

Advertisement