Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4yr Old Macbook Pro Battery required - Apple or 3rd Party

Options
  • 31-10-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a 52 month old Macbook pro who's Battery is now fully Dead. Will not run without magsafe.

Are 3rd Party ones ok to use or is it better to buy from Apple €141:eek:

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MA348G/A/rechargeable-battery-15-inch-macbook-pro?fnode=5a

Can anyone recommend one :o thanks

Battery Information:

Model Information:
    Manufacturer: SMP
    Device name: ASMB012
    Pack Lot Code: 0002
    PCB Lot Code: 0000
    Firmware Version: 0110
    Hardware Revision: 0500
    Cell Revision: 0200
    Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 65336
    Fully charged: Yes
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 65336
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 328
    Condition: Replace Now
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 0
    Voltage (mV): 9473

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I always recommend getting the official Apple battery if possible. You never know what you are getting with third-party batteries, especially on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

So you've already made up your mind then ?!

I have a 2006 MBP, there was a recall on the batteries a few years after I bought it (the ones that exploded on airplanes ?!) That battery failed recently with about 400 cycles on it. Couldn't justify spending over 130 euro for a new battery for such an old machine so bought a spurious one for 60 euro locally.

That was 7 months ago. Already I'm getting a warning to "Service Battery" and it will only charge to about 92% with less than 35 cycles. I expect it to be dead within the next 6 months at this rate.

You get what you pay for basically !

Ken

Ok then I will pop into CompuB today and see if they have any Apple Certified Ones :o

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I got battery for white macbook from 3rd party not great to be honest. I did get over 1000 charges on apple battery and genius in apple shop said to frame it he had never seen one with that many charges :D.
    Now i need charger, it will be from apple checking reports from ebay they are not great any of 3rd party ones.

• Advertisement

DominoDub wrote: »
    Ok then I will pop into CompuB today and see if they have any Apple Certified Ones :o

Got the Apple One A1175 in CompuB ..€149.00 :o hope to get another 4 years out of this one !

Advertisement