Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stations using internet radio to look at trends.

Options
  • 31-10-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

It seems like the thing to do and I've wondered many times about it.

For example how many people can listen to RTE Radio 1 on the net at the same time?

Does RTE know where the people are listening from?

Does RTE know who are mobiles or static users?

If a million people listen on a terrrestrial radio RTE will never know but if they listen via the internet they will know.

On trends they can see Morning Ireland has a fair few listeners and then comes John Murray it drops directly PK comes along and it picks up, if Myles is on its not as popular or people listen for minute or two and say I'll go somewhere else and on it goes.

So to finalize is there anyone doing listening trends via the net.

Here in Belgium I listen to NPR on 24kbps via Tune in Radio on my mobile when out. I would like to listen to RTE Radio 1 but they really eat into my data qouta with there 96kbps for the month:mad:

Finally if anyone knows something I'd really know or links to relevant sites or views on what I've posted would be great.

Advertisement