Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decree of Divorce

Options
  • 31-10-2012 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

My divorce came through in October this year and I'm remarrying in April but my decree of divorce hasn't come through yet, the guy dealing with them is off sick. I'm conscious of the fact I need it to give my 3 months notice to marry , I've been told to ring back in a few weeks which will be cutting it fine. How do I get my hands on it without having to wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry OP - but surely issuing your decree can't just rely on one person, if that was the case there could be a hell of a backlog?

Maybe get back in touch or arrange an appointment to call in person to discuss the issuing of your decree (not sure they will do this)?
    Sometimes the personal touch can help, also explaining your situation and timelines could be useful. Remember though to stay calm if you are dealing with a temp, last thing you need is to have a rant at the one person who might be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

The judge told me on the day it would be issued in a couple of weeks. I emailed the court offices who inturn gave me the registrars number, that's when I was informed he was off sick and if I didn't hear anything within a couple of weeks to ring back. If it was similar to getting a birth cert it wouldn't be too bad,..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

It's been 2 weeks since my initial phone call. I rang again yesterday, my phone number was taken but my call wasn't returned. I'm still no further on,any ideas.

Advertisement