Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buyersclub.ie

Options
  • 31-10-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭

I came across a reference to this in one of the Sunday papers. I have only had a quick scan but the prices do not seem to be ultra competitive, they only supply non-perishables, and free delivery is with orders over €50. None the less I thought I should post it up for others to comment on.

http://www.buyersclub.ie/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Had a look a while back. Not impressed, savings are not great & only for brand snobs.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Had a look a while back. Not impressed, savings are not great & only for brand snobs.

+1
    Saw the ad on a bus last week, wasn't impressed, thought the choices were poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

The ideas great.... Just takes some serious finance backing in order to get some more products in store, but a tough market to compare with when you have the Aldi, Lidls and Tesco taking majority..... Best of luck to them though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I saw a show on ITV a few weeks ago where a number of people wanted to buy a certain tv. They all got together and got a significant discount for bulk buying. They did the same with electricity suppliers, toasters etc.

If a group of people got together I'm sure the discounts would be better than the buyers club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Get €20 voucher for €10 with livingsocial
    http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/610744

Gat 5%-10% back through fatcheese
    There is a €4.95 delivery charge with buyersclub if order is under €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

The baby food is €1.16 cheaper on buyers than tesco. Only lets you order 3 tubs at a time which is a balls. Got 10% off code when I joined. Will let ye know how long delivery is when I get my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

snubbleste wrote: »

I noticed that it pays to compare because some items are really cheaper but others are more expensive but I found that on several items there were big discounts available. So I shopped comparing prices and not relying on what they claim the retail price is.

I found products which are €2.32 in major supermarkets (Tesco/superquinn/Dunnes) but only €1.62 with them. That is an easy saving for me.

I found haircare products (yes I am a brand snob) that are 2 for 9.00 in Boots or Tesco but only €3.24 each in buyersclub.

Now I also found some items at buyersclub which are really more expensive, so the best is as always to shop around.

So I'm going to shop with them comparing prices, giving that I usually only shop once a month for non fresh food the savings are good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I know it's OT but does anybody know how to get their bloody ad off the Boards page, or even reduce it in size? It takes up about 25% and stops me from selecting pages and from previewing posts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

bmaxi wrote: »
    I know it's OT but does anybody know how to get their bloody ad off the Boards page, or even reduce it in size? It takes up about 25% and stops me from selecting pages and from previewing posts etc.
    which browser are you using? get google chrome and then download the 'adblock plus' plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I use Google Chrome with the Ad Blocker app. It makes internet viewing a lot more pleasurable and easier on the eye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Thanks for that,did the trick. I do use Chrome but had to take Ad Blocker off for some reason which escapes my memory at the moment. No doubt I'll find out soon. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Thanks for that,did the trick. I do use Chrome but had to take Ad Blocker off for some reason which escapes my memory at the moment. No doubt I'll find out soon. :rolleyes:
    youre able to pause it for websites. For ebay it basically removes 90% of the content of the homepage so i had to pause it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

I ordered with these guys last week and my order was sent the next day via courier. No complaints here, used my living social voucher and 10% discount, was also given free delivery at checkout. Items were well packaged, I got lots of stuff from stationary and kids books to deodorants and american foodstuffs and I will be ordering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I recieved my items and they too were packaged well. Shipping was very quick, next working day. I had a minor issue with the order and the responded almost instantly with a favourable answer. Will use these guys again.

Advertisement