Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I have been seriously stressed out over the last 2 weeks as I missed a pill and have been doing my head in that I might be pregnant. I have a 28 day cycle and my period is due Monday 5th November. I am really tempted to do an early test but feel that if it comes back negative I still won't be able to relax as it could be too early.

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with:

1) What early pregnancy test is the best? lowest sensitivity/digital/clearblue/first response?

2) I missed the pill on day 6 of 21 and took 2 (24hours later), will this is anyway delay my period as normal?

3) Will stress delay my period?

4) What are the chances of ovulation occuring based on missing day 6?

I heard that missing a pill/consequences all depends on which week you missed it e.g. day 1-7, day 8-14, day 15-21 etc

A little background info on my chances if anyone is willing to comment, had sex Day 1 (saturday night) missed pill Day 6 (thursday), took 2 Friday morning (day 7). Had sex on day 8, day 12, day 15) withdrawal method, not ideal I know.

I can't stop thinking about it, its wrecking my head. What does anyone think, I have been on it for the last year or so?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Clearblue or First response are the most sensitve tests. Some testers have gotten a faint positive up to 6 days early. Test with first morning urine.

Stressing probably will delay your period.

The missing pill may not delay your withdrawl bleed (since its not technically a period) because its the absence of hormones in your pill free week that cause the bleed.

I cant answer your questions on the likelehood of ovulation, chances of conception on certain weeks or the rest because it cant really be answered - it fully depends on your body, the brand of pill, and frequency of intercourse.

Try not to worry and buy a test. If you are due in a few days, then test from now if you like, but do repeat the test a week after just to be certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I would think from those dates that you are very unlikely to be pregnant. you missed day 6. Even if you did ovulate, it would more than likely be 14 days later with a regular cycle. So day 18-20 would be the fertile window, and I really doubt ovulation even happened if you took the rest of them on time. Everybody is different of course as Neyite says, but a lot of things would need to line up for you to ovulate early after missing one tablet.

Plus, withdrawal, while not the safest contraception method, it is pretty far from the textbook way to conceive too.

I say relax, cuppa tea, you're grand.

If taking the pill isn't suiting you, there are loads of other methods. The little under-skin implant rod might be a good one. It can stay in for a max of three years, people often get them put in for 6 months or a year, in between babies or if going travelling and renewing prescriptions abroad is awkward. GP will be able to give you all the options anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I think it's probably unlikely too with the dates you've given and the fact you hae a regular cycle (but as has been said, every woman is different) but I thought I'd just let you know that I was doing pregnancy tests every day for a week because I just knew I was pregnant and I didn't get a positive test until 4 days after my period was due, so testing early may give you a negative test even if you are pregnant.

I'd say your best to wait and see if you're period is late or if the pill makes that difficult to tell wait until a week after it is normally due to take a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bigbrowneyes

I too have a little problem. I am four days into my cycle n have had sex. Today is seven days since my break from my pill so today was my first day to take my pill. I'm a little afraid that I may get pregnant. I Know that Based pn modt cycles ovulation is on day 14 but I have read on other sites sperm can live upto 72hrs and some Ppls ovulation days differ.. Any wise words welcome thank u :)

Advertisement