Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Cabs

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

even though my mame build isn't finished yet im thinking about buying a dedicated cab... don't really know where to start ive been across to jamma+and been talking to a chap over there that has 2 virtua striker cabs 1 net city upright and 1 woody i'm leaning more towards the net city as my mame will be wooden... what does the postage be like on these? and is there anybody on boards with something similar to these knocking around.. I've pm'd Mitch so just waiting to hear back!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

To have a cab posted from Ronnie in the Netherlands is 195 euro. Not too sure what it is from Jeff in the UK, wouldn't say it's much cheaper though!

To be honest, 195 doesn't seem too bad to have something that big sent though. I've had airsoft guns cost almost half that to post and they're a fraction of the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

o1s1n wrote: »
    To have a cab posted from Ronnie in the Netherlands is 195 euro. Not too sure what it is from Jeff in the UK, wouldn't say it's much cheaper though!

To be honest, 195 doesn't seem too bad to have something that big sent though. I've had airsoft guns cost almost half that to post and they're a fraction of the size.

I'v had large-ass pallets sent to and delivered from the UK for €75-100, these would be more than big enough to house an arcade machine.
    Last time I sent one I used.. they were either called "gort" or "gork" transport.. Can't remember :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Jeff charged me 125 sterling. Might be a bit cheaper for a Dublin delivery. I'm in the sticks of Arklow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

cheers lads have rough idea of what it gonna cost now.. wheres the most reliable place to get them except jamma+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

cheers lads have rough idea of what it gonna cost now.. wheres the most reliable place to get them except jamma+

The main forums are jamma +, arcade otaku, neo geo, shmups. Members selling and trading on these

For actual dealers the two options are Ronnie (rklok.NL) and Jeff (digitalsystemsdesign.co.uk)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

yeah i mailed jeff last night will have a look on the others now thanks

Advertisement