Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPP seeking an adjournment

Options
  • 31-10-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I've have a number of summons for a single traffic incident (no tax, no insurance). I recently received a letter from An Garda stating they would seek an adjournment and if granted would notify me in writing.

Does the adjournment request take place directly to the judge on the original court date ? Is the DPP likely to receive the adjournment ? I'm ready to attend the case on the original date and prove I was insured and taxed.

Is it a given that the date will be rescheduled ?

Any thoughts on the matter please ! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Indo404

Go to court on the original day. Find the Garda, show him your proof of insurance/tax and ask him to agree to strike out the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Contact the Garda as soon as possible and show your documents. The case may be struck out rather than adjourned on the day. Judges hate people waiting until the last minute to show documents. Always be there on the day and take note of the adjourned date. It often happens that a mistake is made and you can end up convicted in your absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

If you are alos being prosecuted for failing to produce your documents simply being insured on the day may not be sufficient. Some judges don't like people who don't bother producing and waste court time needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

Many thanks for the valuable replies.

Advertisement