Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres in Limerick

Options
  • 31-10-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new tyre for the car anywhere that's not too expensive but decent enough tyre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

I always use Champion Tyres in Parkes Yard.
    (just off St. Patrick`s Road)

Great service and a wide selection of tyres.

Map here:
    http://maps.goldenpages.ie/#fn=detail&url=IE_11926864_9999_1003

Tell Declan you got the recommendation from me and boards of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Use Limerick Tyre Centre in Fenton's Yard opposite the Toyota garage in Raheen myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Victory Tyres Limited
    Lelia St, Limerick
    (061)410083

And a map too :)

^^^^^
    Excellent service and will not screw you.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14 byrnesylimk

+1 for victory tyres (well it is the family business :-) )

Paul is my dad's name 061410083

• Registered Users Posts: 23,790 ✭✭✭✭phog

h3000 wrote: »
    Victory Tyres Limited
    Lelia St, Limerick
    (061)410083

And a map too :)

^^^^^
    Excellent service and will not screw you.

+ 1

Edited to add - he doesn't sell crap tyres so he may not be the cheapest in town but waht he sell are great value. There's a huge difference between value and cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Midwest tyres near the southcourt in Raheen.

I was quoted €200 from a garage in town to get repairs done for the NCT.

Got it done for €100 in Midwest tyres and passed the NCT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I always use Champion Tyres in Parkes Yard.
    (just off St. Patrick`s Road)

Great service and a wide selection of tyres.

Map here:
    http://maps.goldenpages.ie/#fn=detail&url=IE_11926864_9999_1003

Tell Declan you got the recommendation from me and boards of course.

+1 for Declan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Thomand Tyres down near Freda's, great prices and excellent tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Have gone to Thomond Tyres before, can recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Have gone to Thomond Tyres before, can recommend.

have used both Thomond Tyres and Midwest Tyres in Raheen in the past and have have been satisfied with both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Youngfella in Kennedy Park is quite good and reasonable too and he sells good coal too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Pandiani wrote: »
    have used both Thomond Tyres and Midwest Tyres in Raheen in the past and have have been satisfied with both.

im all for thomond tyres as well james is lovely and spot on with price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

phog wrote: »
    + 1

Edited to add - he doesn't sell crap tyres so he may not be the cheapest in town but waht he sell are great value. There's a huge difference between value and cheap.

been dealing with Paul's family since the late 1970's , now he gives my family better deals than me :D

sound guy though and honest to the core ( I :rolleyes: think)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,790 ✭✭✭✭phog

jomoloney wrote: »
    been dealing with Paul's family since the late 1970's , now he gives my family better deals than me :D

sound guy though and honest to the core ( I :rolleyes: think)

The last time I was there, a guy drove in with a bit of a banger, it was going for an NCT. The driver wanted to know did it need new tyres, Paul said it did but if he put new tyres on the car it may still fail the NCT.

His advice was go for NCT and if it fails only on tyres come back to him. if it failed on more than the tyres and it was beyond economic repair then he saved himself the price of the new tyres.

I thought that was good form, others may have just made the sale and not bothered about how he got on in the NCT and maybe even scrapping the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

+1 for Declan in Champion tyres, parks yard, st patricks road, Started going to him after a friends recommendation and me and my family have been going since. great service for great prices good location too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

davey33 wrote: »
    I would really recommend kirby tyres,, next to munster car parts on the ballysimon road. My car failed nct on monday, brought it to him on tuesday, he had it back to me that evening, great service and very reasonable.. Also very reasonable on tyre prices and always has the size i want unlike others:mad:.. Calvin 0871331738/061423808..

Nice try ;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does anyone on this forum report posts any more? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does anyone on this forum report posts any more? :(

POST REPORTED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

phog wrote: »
    The last time I was there, a guy drove in with a bit of a banger, it was going for an NCT. The driver wanted to know did it need new tyres, Paul said it did but if he put new tyres on the car it may still fail the NCT.

His advice was go for NCT and if it fails only on tyres come back to him. if it failed on more than the tyres and it was beyond economic repair then he saved himself the price of the new tyres.

I thought that was good form, others may have just made the sale and not bothered about how he got on in the NCT and maybe even scrapping the car.

Yeah, he should get the nod on honesty alone

That gut will be back with his next car

Although Declan on St Patrick road is just as honest and has good prices too for quality tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Thomand Tyres , chepest and best quality tyres in Limerick, great lads there

• Advertisement
Advertisement