Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Living in the moment

• 31-10-2012 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I had to post this. I'm a long way from home. In the past few weeks I've experienced an earthquake and a hurricane in the states. I could be a lot worse off right now, as are millions of others.

I'm sitting here by candle light reading a book and looking out my window periodically at the wind, rain and lightning. It is a gorgeous feeling, and the only thing I'm missing is a turf fire from back home.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Nothing beats a turf fire. I've been missing those as our fire place is blocked up and all we have is oil central heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Sometimes you can find moments of pure pleasure in the most simple things and it's lovely :)

Glad you were ok during the recent difficult times in the states OP.

I miss having a open fire too. Nothing like it on cold wintery nights.

Advertisement