Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unknown number 0766240751

Options
  • 30-10-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

i wondering if anybody has come across this number?

iv had 2 missed calls from it in the last week but i dont know who it could be. not even voicemail, im thinking its one of those scam numbers that if you answer it deducts a fortune from your credit and i dont know how they got hold of my number.

any ideas??????

stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

evosteo wrote: »
    i wondering if anybody has come across this number?

iv had 2 missed calls from it in the last week but i dont know who it could be. not even voicemail, im thinking its one of those scam numbers that if you answer it deducts a fortune from your credit and i dont know how they got hold of my number.

any ideas??????

stephen

076 is a Voip number probaly one of your mates on Blue face or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

My Bank of Ireland relationship manager calls me from an 076 number

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

It's a scam. I've been getting a call from them every day the past week or so at the same time each day.

I used a landline to call back and it was "Canadian Pharmacy" !

So do not answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Rob C wrote: »
    It's a scam. I've been getting a call from them every day the past week or so at the same time each day.

I used a landline to call back and it was "Canadian Pharmacy" !

So do not answer.

just as i was thinking, thanks rob

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You were thinking "Canadian Pharmacy"? Amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

found out its a bank of ireland number, ringing in conjunction with a change of address

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

found out its a bank of ireland number, ringing in conjunction with a change of address

Still could be a scam. Keep away from Bank of Ireland....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bank of Ireland?

could they not have come up with a more convincing name :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

A better, more convincing name could be 'Canadian Pharmacy'?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 papajohn12

Sounds more like a telemarketer to me. I've had calls like that before and they're always trying to sell me stuffs. The phone numbers, I learned, looked strange because they were calls from a computer. Several small-scale telemarketing companies use an auto-dialer, instead of calling through a regular phone line, to make free calls to phone numbers. Each call is assigned a set of of numbers.

And if you get a call like that again, pick up the phone. Answer them, not to buy, but to waste their precious time. Because you see, for these callers, time is gold. And if you waste it, I bet they'd never call you again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 papajohn12

And I suggest you report that number to http://callercenter.com too and raise your concern about these callers. It helps when you post complaints. Everybody else is made aware.

Advertisement