Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small claims court

Options
  • 30-10-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am hoping somebody could give me some advice here whether to proceed with a claim or not.

To cut a long story short: about a month and a half ago i enlisted the services of a local locksmith company as I had lost they keys to my car.

The job entailed cutting and reprogramming and new car key with 3 button remote central locking feature. The price quoted for this was 200 euro and he said the job would be complete from start to finish before I got back from work.

I got back from work and the key was cut and it open and started the car fine but the remote functionality was not working. (bear in mind this is why i had paid 200 euro for, I could have got a regular non-remote key cut for 80 euro)

It has been an ongoing saga of empty promises and fobbing me off, ignoring phone calls etc for the past 2 months nearly. At one point he admitted he had given me the wrong key and is just waiting on a new on to arrive. :rolleyes:

At the weekend I went to another locksmith who confirmed it is the wrong key.. which it actually says inisde the fob once it is opened. (model number doesnt match to the model of my car)

I confronted the locksmith about it today and he offered me a 40 euro refund :rolleyes:

They did not give me a receipt to begin with and they were refusing to give me a receipt when I confronted them again about it today.

I will be taking this to the small claims court because i have been more than patient and reasonable but it really is not going anywhere.

I was wondering am i likely to get far without an actual receipt?

I do have some text messages which would be beyond reasonable doubt that they actually worked on my car but no actual receipt with price and date etc.

Does anyone have any idea how that might go down in the small claims court?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Legal advice aside, I would suggest that you could telephone the local district court and have a chat with the Small Claims Registrar.

As a matter of interest, let us know how you get on.

Advertisement