Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant...HELP??

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there, i am 14days late for my period and i am wondering if im pregnant. Contraception was used but we think it may have failed without us noticing at the time. I took a pregnancy test after 7 days and it came back negative but bearing in mind i took the test in the evening not the morning. Yesterday i vomitted a bit in the morning and last night and this morning ive had bad cramps. Im usually never late for my period. I have a studden appetite lately and also use the bathroom a lot. Has anyone been in this situation before or does anyone have advice for me? Please PM me if possible, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Buy yourself a clearblue digital test, they are very accurate for early testing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Op you are driving yourself crazy with ideas and what ifs. Get up and go out to the chemist and get another test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I think at this stage you need to go to the doctor. Those tests are extremely reliable and if you're 2 weeks late then you would imagine you'd have a positive result if you were pregnant. I had a positive result 3 days after my period was due.

However, the doctor can do a blood test to make sure and you can talk to him/her about any other reasons you're period might be late (which btw, sometimes just happens for no reason). Then you'll know one way or another and you can get on with it. False negatives from pregnancy tests are rare but if you're still worried just get it checked out as soon as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I closed your last thread for a reason. Please go see a professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement