Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi lost my documentation

Options
  • 30-10-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

This is a complete joke getting asked for all documentation I've sent in one envelope in August i was asked for my final acceptance letter and that was even sent. Why the hell couldn't they have left this locally to deal with obviously they can't deal with the amount of applications coming through from the whole country. Anyone else having the same hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Annette Delaney

]This is a complete joke getting asked for all documentation I've sent in one envelope in August i was asked for my final acceptance letter and that was even sent. Why the hell couldn't they have left this locally to deal with obviously they can't deal with the amount of applications coming through from the whole country. Anyone else having the same hassle?[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Annette Delaney

Yep exactly the same as yourself, have spoken to them on numerous occasions and they confirmed they had received everything. Sent off course letter etc now I have received the same letter dated 7/8/12 looking for all the documentation which I had already completed and they advised had been received.
    I telephoned them about an half an hour ago and they said they think it is a mistake but cannot get into my file on the computer to check.

This is an absolute joke in my opinion and extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Get onto your TDs and complain

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Yep exactly the same as yourself, have spoken to them on numerous occasions and they confirmed they had received everything. Sent off course letter etc now I have received the same letter dated 7/8/12 looking for all the documentation which I had already completed and they advised had been received.
    I telephoned them about an half an hour ago and they said they think it is a mistake but cannot get into my file on the computer to check.

This is an absolute joke in my opinion and extremely frustrating.

I am waiting for a reply I said I wanted it sorted within an hour even birth cert and everything has been lost it is not good enough. I know for a fact everything was sent and the guy said he can see only my final acceptance form. Going through all that hassle again of getting social welfare, college and bank statements is just annoying. It better be a mistake. It looks like they are saying a lot of people haven't sent documentation which they probably have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

Got an email today, saying
    "I refer to previous correspondence in relation to documents required to support your student grant application.
    If you have not returned your documentation pack, please be advised that we cannot process your application any further until you submit this documentation. Therefore the processing of your application and any subsequent payment due will be delayed.
    Please submit your completed documentation pack, ensuring to tick the box beside each document on the list to confirm the document is enclosed, as soon as possible and include a completed final course acceptance form. (Please log onto www.cdvec.ie/student-Supports/grants.aspx to download the final course acceptance form). Failure to submit all documents requested at the same time will result in a further delay in the processing of your application.
    If you have submitted a full and complete documentation pack, please forward the final course acceptance form.
    Please do not reply to this notification email.
    Thank you
    SUSI Support Team"

When I finally got through to them, the lady said that they were sending out a standard e-mail and to ignore it! I pointed out the worry that such e-mails are causing. It's not her fault, really, but what a ****e system. Anyway, my documents seem to be all present and correct and are being reviewed - which will take 3 weeks! So much for streamlining the process. Organising drinking in a Brewery comes to mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

Same thing, I've send my documents and after two months i received the same letter asking for the same documents. First thought that it was some mistake and they wanted to send me decision letter but after spending 5euro for a phone call they told me, only final acceptance letter is in the system. In previous call couple of weeks ago i was told everything is ok and waiting only for final acceptance letter. I had to resend everything with registered post(around 6euro) and finally got text message from susi that documents were received and i should wait for the decision.
    Btw. their call back service never worked for me. I left my number twice and i never had a call back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

loca1 wrote: »
    This is a complete joke getting asked for all documentation I've sent in one envelope in August i was asked for my final acceptance letter and that was even sent. Why the hell couldn't they have left this locally to deal with obviously they can't deal with the amount of applications coming through from the whole country. Anyone else having the same hassle?

In 2003 the VEC did the same thing to me, I wonder how many other people have heard that line over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Well no further updates here apart from resending all documents by swift post on Monday costing over 9 euro. It's a disgrace. Utter joke. They never did get a supervisor to ring me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

I got that same "standard email" was told all was fine, they had my documents, sent of the FCA. Couple of weeks later a letter arrives asking for documents again.... they lost them all!
    Maggie 2 wrote: »
    Got an email today, saying
    "I refer to previous correspondence in relation to documents required to support your student grant application.
    If you have not returned your documentation pack, please be advised that we cannot process your application any further until you submit this documentation. Therefore the processing of your application and any subsequent payment due will be delayed.
    Please submit your completed documentation pack, ensuring to tick the box beside each document on the list to confirm the document is enclosed, as soon as possible and include a completed final course acceptance form. (Please log onto www.cdvec.ie/student-Supports/grants.aspx to download the final course acceptance form). Failure to submit all documents requested at the same time will result in a further delay in the processing of your application.
    If you have submitted a full and complete documentation pack, please forward the final course acceptance form.
    Please do not reply to this notification email.
    Thank you
    SUSI Support Team"

When I finally got through to them, the lady said that they were sending out a standard e-mail and to ignore it! I pointed out the worry that such e-mails are causing. It's not her fault, really, but what a ****e system. Anyway, my documents seem to be all present and correct and are being reviewed - which will take 3 weeks! So much for streamlining the process. Organising drinking in a Brewery comes to mind!

Advertisement