Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provari help

Options
  • 29-10-2012 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I am looking into buying the Provari Mini Satin White form ESI, but I can't seem to find what it actually comes with and what I need to order extra to get it up and usable (if anything) doesn’t seem to be a kit type description on any of the 3 mini’s pages.

Can you tell what comes in the box with it and what I need to purchase extra? I am not looking for the extension cap as 700 mAh is sufficient for me.

I would also prefer to use the Ego/Echo Cartomizer 3/5ml as I don’t like tanks as most of you know by now and prefer carts, do I need an adapter can't seem to find out exactly what threading it is though it does say fits ego batteries, but is it a 510? I know the cartomisers and Provari both have female threads so I must need an adapter to use carts on it, do I need a 510 to 510 or 510 to ego or what?

And no bloody smart comments about you know what either ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You'll need 18350 batteries, a charger, and a 510-eGo adapter for those atties because of the sleeve edge at the battery end of the Echo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aren't echomisers 1.5 ohm?

seems a bit of a waste to spend all that money on the provari and then only be able to push it to 3.8V

The ones on TBS are dual-coils @ 2ohm, should be able to push it all the way to 6v.

5v surely...

and dual coil would rape a 700mah battery

Yerra, 6v'll get both 4ohm coils to 9 watts each. Might be teetering on the edge. I'd go for 5.7v myself.

Kiffy "Moneybags" McKiffson can tell us what the best voltage is.

And yeeeeah... 700 mAh batteries and dual coils. Maybe buy three batteries?

• Advertisement

ugh, right. v2 has 3.5amp limit not 2.5

itll actually push a 1.5ohm to 5.3v not 4

Interesting thing though, just flicking past the ProVape V1/V2 comparison sheet, and it appears they've crippled the amp-limit?!?

After 4.2v it gets limited by watts, so single OR dual-coils can only reach 14.5watts. Each coil in the TBS Echos run at a max of 7.25 watts each.

Hmm...

I can see why that amp-limit exists for 700mAh batteries, for life-span, but what about anything above?
    Annoying. Especially throathit's 2.5a limit. Massive batteries, tiny current-limit. Makes no sense.

huh, didnt know that about the v2. that's a weird way of doing things
    i guess the higher amp limit only exists to drive low res a bit higher than standard voltage but still.. i wonder why they wouldn't just leave it set the entire way through the range

and you mean throathits mod? that I have? that's a 5 amp limit, not 2.5

Not according to him.
    Once he started selling on the new UKV (where it says 2.5a), I PMd him about that, and he said it's always been 2.5a (although mine pulls 2.8-2.9a - margin for error maybe.)

Have you ever seen the voltage limit itself with a dual-coil? The one I'm running at the moment (2x4ohm coils) reads as 1.9ohms, and the mod's voltage reads 5.5v turned all the way.

The 1600mAh IMRs inside are safe up to 16amps, 8amps recommended for lifespan. If it didn't have this 2.5-ish limit, I'd be all over that UKVA atty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

grindle wrote: »
    Yerra, 6v'll get both 4ohm coils to 9 watts each. Might be teetering on the edge. I'd go for 5.7v myself.

Kiffy "Moneybags" McKiffson can tell us what the best voltage is.

And yeeeeah... 700 mAh batteries and dual coils. Maybe buy three batteries?

So it pretty much comes as it is just the yokey bob, wish they'd bloody say so, I could have ordered it and then found myself in a pickle.
    Have been looking at the "ECHOmizer for eGo" on the TBS site tiz a "Resistance: 2.4-2.8 ohm (single coil)" and holds 2.5ml.
    I have to say not really sure about the numbers you mention about watts, ohms etc, is it better to have a higher ohm or lower for the cartomiser?
    I run my Twist and LT around 3.8/4.2 never any higher find any higher and knocks my throat out.

• Advertisement

Higher ohm. You'll be able to set the voltage higher to get the same results as the low resistance, and your battery life'll be extended.
    Low resistance is for non-vv mods unless they're dual-coils.

Higher ohm. You'll be able to set the voltage higher to get the same results as the low resistance, and your battery life'll be extended.
    Low resistance is for non-vv mods unless they're dual-coils.
    Just made up my shopping cart.
    The mini €225
    3 X AW 18350 IMR High Drain Battery €30
    1 x Trustfire TR-001 Charger €12
    1 x 510 to Ego Adapter €3
    2 x Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer €6 (is this one ok for the device? or would I be better off going for the 2.4-2.8 ohm (single coil from TBS?)
    Total €276
    Is that all I'll need? (have a lake full of juice so that's a saving :D)
    Just seen €7 shipping so €283 in total.

That's all you'll need, those dual-coils'll be grand, and don't forget the 'boards' 10% coupon code.

Shipping should be free as you're well over the limit for it.
    Just choose 'Free Shipping' as the option.

That's all you'll need, those dual-coils'll be grand, and don't forget the 'boards' 10% coupon code.

Doesn't seem to be a code for ESI and no option for free shipping only An Post registered @ €7, is that maybe because it's registered there's a shipping cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I think such an expensive item as the Provari has to be sent registered post. "Boards" will still qualify you for 10 per cent discount...well worth it for such a big order.

Discount works for me with a ProVari in the basket.
    Boards
    They seem to insist on registered post, probably because it's a ProVari. Fair enough I suppose.

Should get it Wed or Thu, just so happens the Mrs is working them 2 days and she wont spot it arriving, will tell her it's my LT I haven't used for ages if she asks :D;). well it's my money saved up from quiting fags (€2,255 to date, and almost 4,893 fags :))

Not according to him.
    Once he started selling on the new UKV (where it says 2.5a), I PMd him about that, and he said it's always been 2.5a (although mine pulls 2.8-2.9a - margin for error maybe.)

Have you ever seen the voltage limit itself with a dual-coil? The one I'm running at the moment (2x4ohm coils) reads as 1.9ohms, and the mod's voltage reads 5.5v turned all the way.

The 1600mAh IMRs inside are safe up to 16amps, 8amps recommended for lifespan. If it didn't have this 2.5-ish limit, I'd be all over that UKVA atty.

hrm

maybe he changed the insides? I have a 1.6ohm coil in my bulli that the throathit is firing at 5.3V according to its own readout

Maybe he has... Too many variables to think of.
    All I know is I have to build my own mod to sate my stupid curiosity.

Can't get over how small (in height) the Mini is. The smoktek cart is nearly the same size. And the 18350 battery is smaller than a cocktail sausage.
    A question on the batteries, is it better to use them straight off until power used up or charge them before using? I am using one of course to get the knack, but not sure what the best thing is for the other 2.

Also the dual coil tasting a bit burnt at 4 volts and higher have to keep at 3.6.
    Liquid flavour of my Almond Bliss is bliss, don't know if it's by the Provari or the dual coil carto making the difference?

The vapour produced is briil, even if the throat hit at 3.6 isn't mega, but sufficient, the liquid flavour makes up fro lack of hit.

Just tried the dual coil on the Twist, and it's the Provari giving the smooth vape, the Twist isn't as smooth, just binned my 3 Twist's :D

• Advertisement

Jaysus. Mad for binning goods round these parts.
    Buy low, sell... Nah just bin 'em.

Charge the other two while you can.
    There's no need to, as they get charged initially in a factory, but how long since they started the epic journey towards your charger? The level slowly depletes.

On the other hand, if you need to use them, there'll be no harm done.
    They're not as strict/severe "memory"-wise as older batteries, if at all on first use.

Jaysus. Mad for binning goods round these parts.
    Buy low, sell... Nah just bin 'em.

Charge the other two while you can.
    There's no need to, as they get charged initially in a factory, but how long since they started the epic journey towards your charger? The level slowly depletes.

On the other hand, if you need to use them, there'll be no harm done.
    They're not as strict/severe "memory"-wise as older batteries, if at all on first use.
    Cheers Grind's. Have seen it mentioned on sites not to charge before use, and on others charge first for 6/8 hours, so wasn't sure which method was best for prolonged battery life.

Might see if I can get someone else off fags and give them a Twist or 2. Can't see me using them with my 1300's, LT and Provari.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

kiffy wrote: »
    Just tried the dual coil on the Twist, and it's the Provari giving the smooth vape, the Twist isn't as smooth, just binned my 3 Twist's :D

Take them out of the bin, my mini is developing symptoms that I think will have to be returned to provape shortly. ;)

Oh and for the batteries, I have 5, 3 small and 2 big. I try to charge them once they get to 3.5 volts.

krissovo wrote: »
    Take them out of the bin, my mini is developing symptoms that I think will have to be returned to provape shortly. ;)
    I was jesting about binning them would see them get a good home, not a bad kit just got too many items.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

krissovo wrote: »

What issues are you having?

My internals are wobbling about, kind of feels like I am vaping using a weeble. It feels really bad with the large battery. Even pressing the button I feel the insides wobbling around.

Noticed ESI are selling IMR batteries called Efest, never heard of them but going to buy the Provari extension cap for my mini and the Efest 18500 batteries are almost half the price of the AW IMR 18500 batteries, is it worth buying 3 of them or 2 AM ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

i got Efest ones and there lasting longer (1100) than my 5months old aw 2000, im well impressed with them, i got 2 18500 and 2 2000 efest plus cap, lasts forever great batteries

• Advertisement

i got Efest ones and there lasting longer (1100) than my 5months old aw 2000, im well impressed with them, i got 2 18500 and 2 2000 efest plus cap, lasts forever great batteries
    Thanks Stefan, that's made my mind up, will invest in 3 18500 Monday with my extension cap ;)

Advertisement