Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allshare cast hub in dublin

Options
  • 29-10-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Where can. I purchase a Samsung all share cast hub in dublin ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Havent really seen it anywhere really in the shops that is.

But if you can, buy it online, you know its gonna be so much cheaper than buying in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Havent really seen it anywhere really in the shops that is.

But if you can, buy it online, you know its gonna be so much cheaper than buying in a shop.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12805287/art/samsung/allshare-cast-dongle.html

Will this work with the note 10.1 the note 2 and the s 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Would you not be better just getting a dlna compatible media player and using that?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I have a Samsung TV and the S3. I have the TV wired up to my LAN. When I try to broadcast video taken on the phone to my TV using Allshare over Wi-Fi it does not work well. So much so that I don't use it as it is continually buffering.
    I have a couple of NAS drives on the LAN and the media player in the TV streams Video and Audio from those no problem. My point really is that I don't know how well Allshare works if you do buy this device. Probably depends a lot on the quality and size of the files you want to broadcast/stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

are you using cast or play?
    ive streamed videos, without issue, using play.
    i dont have any device compatible with cast so havent got to use it yet.

the difference i believe is that play streams the file and the DLNA device decodes it. with cast it sends a mirror of the screen and this needs more data and more encoding / decoding work so if you are using cast you might be having issues with the amount of data being sent, the same for play if you are sending very large video files

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Would you not be better just getting a dlna compatible media player and using that?

its not the same thing, a dlna player will only allow media to be sent. allshare cast allows full screen mirroring. it seems samsung have their own implementation of the protocol :/

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

subway wrote: »
    are you using cast or play?
    ive streamed videos, without issue, using play.
    i dont have any device compatible with cast so havent got to use it yet.

the difference i believe is that play streams the file and the DLNA device decodes it. with cast it sends a mirror of the screen and this needs more data and more encoding / decoding work so if you are using cast you might be having issues with the amount of data being sent, the same for play if you are sending very large video files

I'm not using the "AllShare Play" App as it doesn't see my TV. When I open a Video and when I am connected to my LAN an icon appears at the top of the screen which lets me broadcast or stream the video to my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dazzy wrote: »
    I'm not using the "AllShare Play" App as it doesn't see my TV. When I open a Video and when I am connected to my LAN an icon appears at the top of the screen which lets me broadcast or stream the video to my TV.

That sounds like its screen mirroring, and like RDP, this isnt great for performance.

Get a DNLA host app and use that, will work much better.

Dazzy wrote: »
    its DLNA media playback then, via the stock video app rather than screen mirroring.
    its allshare play in samsung terms

I just had a play with allshare play and it seems identical to dlna, playing from my NAS and laptop to my TV and pioneer X-SMC3.

• Advertisement

I've a samsung TV btw

Sounds right, all share play is stand dlna.
    Go to
    settings / more settings / all share cast
    To see if you can use the samsung version of miracast for full screen mirroring

Ah, ok I hadn't seen that before. No it doesn't find the tv. The help menu only mentions the dongle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Ah, ok I hadn't seen that before. No it doesn't find the tv. The help menu only mentions the dongle too.

Guys, do you see any difference between these two? Manufacturer codes are different and prices... But is it the same product?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Wi-Fi-Display-Hub-Galaxy/dp/B0081YO6SO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351645452&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-ALLSHARE-CAST-GALAXY-EAD-T10EDEGSTD/dp/B009S2W068/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1351645452&sr=8-5

think its just a deal of the week (£35 off)

google doesnt show up anything really

yeah, I checked google before i posted it...i checked samsung's web too. This is really nice price I am thinking about getting it.

Tempted myself too

I just clicked - "buy"

:):) 60euro shipped is good offer I think...

The cheapest I found on ebay is 68euro and shipped from Asia.

iwo wrote: »
    I just clicked - "buy"

:):) 60euro shipped is good offer I think...

The cheapest I found on ebay is 68euro and shipped from Asia.
    Just got it and.... I absolutely love it! Works very fast and lag is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 david01213456

from me at 75 euro on adverts just put Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle as a search.i have these for sale at 75€ they are 75 pounds on amazon .co.uk.
    I you tell a friend and show me a copy of the email ill give it to you for 70 euro.

• Advertisement

65 euro on amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-All-Share-Wireless-Display-Adapter/dp/B0089VO7MY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1386522061&sr=8-10&keywords=allshare+cast+dongle

It is great but im not happy with lack of full hd and no option to push video through AV / amplifier....so sound must go through tv with poor quality :(
    Otherwise awesome! Hohhot also, Bluetooth doesn't work when phone is connected with allshare.

Advertisement