Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Pregnant

Options
  • 28-10-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there, i am 13days late for my period and i am wondering if im pregnant. Contraception was used but we think it may have failed without us noticing at the time. I took a pregnancy test after 7 days and it came back negative but bearing in mind i took the test in the evening not the morning. Yesterday i vomitted a bit in the morning and last night and this morning ive had bad cramps. Im usually never late for my period. I have a studden appetite lately and also use the bathroom a lot. Has anyone been in this situation before or does anyone have advice for me? Please PM me if possible, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

EmmaDoc wrote: »
    Hi there, i am 13days late for my period and i am wondering if im pregnant. Contraception was used but we think it may have failed without us noticing at the time. I took a pregnancy test after 7 days and it came back negative but bearing in mind i took the test in the evening not the morning. Yesterday i vomitted a bit in the morning and last night and this morning ive had bad cramps. Im usually never late for my period. I have a studden appetite lately and also use the bathroom a lot. Has anyone been in this situation before or does anyone have advice for me? Please PM me if possible, thanks!

You took the test last week? I would try one again this week, but first thing in the morning. First response will give you the earliest positives it seems. Although I took a cheap boots one when I was two weeks late and got a positive right away! Best of luck with everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 EmmaDoc

Ya i took it last wednesday! Im taking another 2mro morning, hopefully it'll be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi OP, I've moved your question to a thread of it's own because the other one was a year old.

Hope you've gotten the answer to your question already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

I think you're preggers bbz

Thanks for the advice Dearbhaile, i took another 2 tests and they were negative, but still 2weeks late...help???

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

I think the test (clear blue) are fairly concise. You're more than likely not pregnant.

Not sure which answer you want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

I still think you're preggerz bbz... go sort out your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Time to see a health care professional I think as there are a number of factors here including use of contraception and the fact that sometimes periods can be delayed or skipped due to stress etc. Hope all works out.

Leoomurchu why do ya say im not pregnant, is it obvious that i am not or am i just over-thinking the situation?

I really dont know what to think? Im goin to take a clear blue test on thursday nd see how that goes or am i just goin to be wastin my money since ive done 3 previous tests?

• Advertisement

Leoomurchu why do ya say im not pregnant, is it obvious that i am not or am i just over-thinking the situation?

You may well be but if you've used the clear blue tests they're pretty much bang on especially if you're 2 weeks late fair enough if it was a few days or a week.

Have you any unusual stress in your life at the min or are you on a fad diet.

Your body may well be run down thus stopping/delaying your period temporarily.

As I said I'm not sure what answer you want to hear but visit your GP they'll probably do another clear blue test on you and take some blood samples.

Good luck either way.

I really dont know what to think? Im goin to take a clear blue test on thursday nd see how that goes or am i just goin to be wastin my money since ive done 3 previous tests?

Save you money and make an appointment to see your GP they'll do a test and will be able to set your mind at ease.

No im not under stress nd my diet seems grand.. I think im gona do another test to be on the safe side, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread closed. OP, it's time to seek the help of a healthcare professional if your period has still not arrived.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement