Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrambler for getting around Farm

Options
  • 29-10-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was thinking of getting a 125/110 cc Pit bike for getting around my uncles farm.Just for abit off fun Its a big farm :D lots of place for trails ect .)
    I have never ridding a manual before,But im quite found of mountain bikeing and quads :D !Would this be a good starter for me and would it be good around the farm ???:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I have the stomp kzr 140 pitbike. Mad little thing. Friend rallied around a farm on it a week or two ago and said it did it no bother. They are light as feck, funny doing a bunny hop on a fecking motorbike lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

ha i hear there zippy wee yokes :D do u have to repair them much ? :confused:
    i would be sh1t at changing parts :P but i can learn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You'd be better off with an XR125 or similar. Better build than a Pitbike and bigger wheels which makes offroading easier.

ha i hear there zippy wee yokes :D do u have to repair them much ? :confused:
    i would be sh1t at changing parts :P but i can learn :rolleyes:

Simple to work on. I've had to change me carb a few times, its back in the shop now with a bit of an ould dispute going on between stomp and me lol.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You'd be better off with an XR125 or similar. Better build than a Pitbike and bigger wheels which makes offroading easier.

i belive they are more expensive,plus my mum and daad think a pit bike looks like a toy witch is the reason im aloud get a "motor bike" my mum and dad hate motorbikes ,i suggested getting a motor bike instead on a first car and they told me so many awful stories bout fellas breaking there necks and stuff :L
    so yeah there fairly dry fields aswell so yeah,thanks any way :-D

• Advertisement

Simple to work on. I've had to change me carb a few times, its back in the shop now with a bit of an ould dispute going on between stomp and me lol.

haha ,i hear stomp are fairly good :-) that or orion ,imagine
    a Chinese one that would be bad :-(
    how much did u get urs for and did u buy it new or used i have 500 €
    :-P

haha ,i hear stomp are fairly good :-) that or orion ,imagine
    a Chinese one that would be bad :-(
    how much did u get urs for and did u buy it new or used i have 500 €
    :-P

Bought mine brand new for 1100. There plenty of second hand ones around cheap enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YAMER

Stick to main name brands, you cant go too far wrong, plus will hold value when selling on.

YAMER wrote: »
    Stick to main name brands, you cant go too far wrong, plus will hold value when selling on.

yeah stomp are a very popular pitbike brand :)
    i will probably try to et 5 years out of it :D:D

Bought mine brand new for 1100. There plenty of second hand ones around cheap enough

sound :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement