Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would working part time affect my grant by much?

Options
  • 29-10-2012 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I know I'm entitled to the special adjacent rate of grant. I haven't yet been awarded it though but none of my parents work, there is myself and 5 other siblings also living in the same house and my parents are relying fully on social welfare so that's how I know.

There is a new Subway opening up in my local area next month. And I really want to get out and work.

Would by grant be cut by much next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Equality

the last time I checked the grant was based on parent's income, so the income of the student had no impact on the grant.

Were you asked for details of your income when you applied? If you were, then it may be counted now. If you were only asked for the income of your parents, then that is what counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

Equality wrote: »
    the last time I checked the grant was based on parent's income, so the income of the student had no impact on the grant.

Were you asked for details of your income when you applied? If you were, then it may be counted now. If you were only asked for the income of your parents, then that is what counts.

That's lovely. Thanks so much!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

yea you can work as much as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I'm sorry but you're both wrong.

SUSI does take in the student's income into account.

However you can earn up to 3,800€ out of term time without it being counted so make sure you hold onto your payslips as that would be proof.

Also have a look at the reckonable income rates for your situation and take that into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

I'm sorry but you're both wrong.

SUSI does take in the student's income into account.

However you can earn up to 3,800€ out of term time without it being counted so make sure you hold onto your payslips as that would be proof.

Also have a look at the reckonable income rates for your situation and take that into account.

Thank you very much! All I have to do now is actually find a job!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Rynox45

Does anyone have a link to some official info on this? :)
    Not that I don't trust you guys, SUSI just tends to be hard to comprehend and I want to be able to point towards something if they come after me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement