Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here buy from Rutlands in the UK?

Options
  • 29-10-2012 6:23am

Just saw this thread on on Bargain Alerts about Parcel Motel. Might be of use to people wanting to :
    - avoid excessive shipping charges to Ireland or
    - avail of the free shipping periods that Rutlands sometimes do (see here)

I'm in no way connected to either of the above, just that I get the daily email from Rutlands but the shipping charges annoy, spoted the above thread and figured it might be useful to some folks on this forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:cool: I bought a planer from Rutlands when they had the Scheppach agency. ( My local dealer was giving me ridiculous prices )
    The problem with Rutlands now is that they have a fixed price ( about £14 stg ) for any item so you would need to group a few of items together to make it worthwhile.
    Also, a lot of UK postage offers do not apply to NI.
    I have always found www.axminster.com more than reasonable with courier costs.

I think you may have misunderstood me, although I probably wasn't very clear.

If Rutlands (or someone else) has a free shipping offer open to UK only addresses, you supply the PM UK address and just pay the storage charge (3-4 eur I think) to PM and pay nothing for the shipping.

Advertisement