Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating is not working properly.

Options
  • 29-10-2012 12:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15

I have bought a house in Mullingar over a year ago. I was to hasty and I did not check the heating fully. Since then I have only trouble with my heating system.
    The problem is that when I set the heating of the house and heating of the water 3 way valve is not setting to a middle position.
    I was trying to call a plumber but he said it is electrical, but when I called an electrician he told me that it is plumbing problem. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

FidoFly wrote: »
    I have bought a house in Mullingar over a year ago. I was to hasty and I did not check the heating fully. Since then I have only trouble with my heating system.
    The problem is that when I set the heating of the house and heating of the water 3 way valve is not setting to a middle position.
    I was trying to call a plumber but he said it is electrical, but when I called an electrician he told me that it is plumbing problem. What should I do?

My sister has recently had a leak in her heating (oil and back boiler system) and she got the plumbing contractor who installed the system as opposed to the plumber who comes to service the boiler each year. Maybe google one in your area or if you are in an estate, ask one of the neighbours. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

suitseir wrote: »
    My sister has recently had a leak in her heating (oil and back boiler system) and she got the plumbing contractor who installed the system as opposed to the plumber who comes to service the boiler each year. Maybe google one in your area or if you are in an estate, ask one of the neighbours. Good luck.

alot of boiler engineers dont do plumbing work they just stick to boilers, ok so basically all you need to do his test the 3 way valve, and it possibly can be manually over rided, if that fails just replace the thing simple, what make of 3 way valve is it, its not a big job by sounds of things

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

The electrical wiring needs to be checked to the valve, some 3way valves DO NOT have a mid position (which make/model do you have)

AverageJoe, the plumber who installs and commissions they system is responsible for the correct operation (he signs it off)

If you ask the guys on here, I am sure one of them may cover that area and pop out to you

Advertisement