Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online privacy and justice

Options
  • 28-10-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am doing some research on the area of online privacy.

This has been a big issue over the couple of years,with the likes of Facebook storing information and selling it on.

But in reality protecting the privacy is a 2 way responsibility both or Facebook and the user themselves.

I have backed my argument by using justice in the sense of being fair as both parties are liable.
    But I'm not sure on what grounds of justice should I use, any ideas ?

thanks

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Which aspects of justice are available for you to use?

Constitutional, Convention or other rights?

Your OP is cryptic. Privacy is not an absolute right. Start from there and where are you headed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hiya, I'm not basing my arguments on a legal bases, I'm just supporting my arguments using distributive justice as both individuals and medial sites have a part to blame. And also this issues deals with not one individual but to everyone.

This is more of moral principles.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Great, which theorists or legal/jurisprudential theories underpin that stance?

For now I am going through the path of distributive and procedural.

I'm using john rawls as my theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Maybe try TJ McIntyre's website. He is a law lecturer and solicitor with a major interest in IT law and civil rights such as privacy.

http://www.tjmcintyre.com/2012/06/internet-freedom-in-ireland-apathy-is.html

http://www.tjmcintyre.com/search/label/privacy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

For now I am going through the path of distributive and procedural.

I'm using john rawls as my theorists.

The philosophy and/or political theory forums might be more relevant.

I have already found a theorist, i wasnt easy but I think its should work.

Advertisement