Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 2L Diesel 2003

Options
  • 28-10-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

My Mazda 6 is giving me a few problems with over heating and the heater is blowing warm. slightly cold air even when turned to the max. I was on the M6 a week ago and i put on the cruise control and was doing 135km/h. 30 or 40 km after and the engine stared over heating and spouting coolant all over. I can't get the car to over heat ever since even when i try and push the car to do the same speed again on short runs on the motor way.

Anyone had this problem before?? what could it be? is it the heating sensor malfunctioning? what about the in car heater.. i need my heat to at least defog the wind screen!!

Head gasket blowing soon?
    How much damage am i looking at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Might be best and have it looked at by a garage.
    Overheating could be pump or thermostat . Might even be a faulty radiator fan.
    Head gasket fault is possible especially if you notice coolant smell from exhaust. Coolant in oil milky oil on top of oil filler cap.

The poor heat in the car might be water pump or low coolant level.

Unless your handy with a spanner and fancy a bit of DIY then a garage is best bet.

Advertisement