Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse or other pest in packaging

Options
  • 28-10-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious about something.

Say I find a mouse in a pack of cornflakes - in the box, but not the bag.

What if anything can I sue for?

No psychological damage, only disgust, no physical damage either.

It seems that there should be some redress, but while I'm sure you'd be entitled to a replacement, surely there have to be more avenues for damage available...I'm sure there is something very obvious I'm not thinking of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

"It seems that there should be some redress"

Why should there be some avenue for redress?

What loss have you experienced?

What do you need to claim compensation for?

And then.

Where did the mouse come from?

Was it the factory?, the shop?, the warehouse? or maybe your press in your kitchen where a lot of mice can be found as the weather gets colder.

You seem to expect compensation of some sort but are looking for reasons why.

I would like to know this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

This is based on a story I read recently.

It seems...weird that you could find a large rodent in your food package and they could just give you a new one and say 'so long'.

If memory serves there was no chance of it being from the house, but they had no idea when it had entered the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If it was dead inside a sealed box you would have gotten a years supply of free Cornflakes! :D
    HQ would courier out a crate to keep you sweet

But outside the box, well it could have happened anywhere, maybe even the OP's home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

It seems that there should be some redress, but while I'm sure you'd be entitled to a replacement, surely there have to be more avenues for damage available...I'm sure there is something very obvious I'm not thinking of.

You have to think outside the box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

What would a 'years supply' of Cornflakes amount to?

Would it be based on the '30g' serving? I've never eaten that little cereal in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

The mouse may not agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Negligence

Google O'Donoghue V Stevenson

Advertisement