Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Penalty Points and HSE Paramedic/Dublin Fire Brigade Recruitment

Options
  • 28-10-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I picked up 2 penalty points the other night driving back to Dublin.

Can anyone tell me for sure if this will affect me trying to join the HSE as Paramedic recruit or Dublin Firebrigade as a recruit?

I'm always so careful, other drivers flying by and sitting on my ass while I dod the speed limit. I really worked so hard to keep my license clean so I could apply.

I'm broke but will find the money for the fine/insurance increase. It's the possibliity of my dream job being gone thats really annoying me. (Gone for 3 years until the penalty points are gone is good as gone for me)

If anyone can tell me for sure and put my mind at rest either way I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Are you currently in the process of recruitment?Also you could just not tell anyone you got the points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Two penalty points won't affect you, i have two and i'm starting with the HSE next week. A mate has four and he's already working for the HSE. All you need to have is an unendorsed licence. As regards not disclosing the fact that you have points, it's impossible because you need to get a copy of your driving record from your local authority prior to taking up a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

2 penalty points won't have any effect on your insurance or job with the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭King Eric

What had me worried was the unendorsed license bit, technically penalty points are an endorsement, not a full endorsement, but its not a clean license either.

Does an unendorsed license just mean that you havnt been disqualified/had your license taken from you by a judge in court?

Any idea on how DFB regard penalty points, from what I could make out in some places it was used as a way to cut the numbers further before doing apptitude testing/physical testing and interviews.

@ thepredator, are you a recruit or qualified EMT already? did you have the points before the recruitment process started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

King Eric wrote: »
    What had me worried was the unendorsed license bit, technically penalty points are an endorsement, not a full endorsement, but its not a clean license either.

Does an unendorsed license just mean that you havnt been disqualified/had your license taken from you by a judge in court?

Any idea on how DFB regard penalty points, from what I could make out in some places it was used as a way to cut the numbers further before doing apptitude testing/physical testing and interviews.

@ thepredator, are you a recruit or qualified EMT already? did you have the points before the recruitment process started?

I'm an EMT, i had the points before the recruitment and i still have them. You only get an endorsement if your taken to court. I can't speak for DFB but i can safely say that two points won't have a negative affect if your applying for the HSE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

I'm in the same position as Eric. I recently got 2 points aswell. I'm very worried about it because I have always wanted a career in DFB so I just really hope it won't affect me when it comes to applying in the near future. Is their anybody that can give a definite answer about DFB's view on this?

Advertisement