Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of trying to sell Diablo III

Options
  • 28-10-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I've been getting emails every week from a firm called 'Blizzard' which says I have an account to do with something called 'Diablo III' (is this some kind of washing up liquid) and that I have been trying to sell this account!? I am perfectly satisfied with Lidl's washing-up liquid (Tesco's is rubbish). However I am led to believe that far from getting the grease off my pots and pans, this Diablo III is a computer game! I emailed the english language information email address to let them know I was not the proud possessor of a Diablo III gadget and could they please stop sending me threatening messages. However, my junk email folder is still getting these messages. Has anyone else had anything like this coming through, and how to deal with these pests?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

best post ive read all day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If this isn't a phishing scam I shall buy myself a hat and then eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Putting the lack of an account to the side. Blizzard don't do threats. They just lock and let you know it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Scam email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

epic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jreynolds1312

see what happens with greed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

I hardly ever buy Diablo.. I hardly ever buy Diablo II.. I hardly ever buy Diablo III...

Advertisement