Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Mech/Switch Adjustment

Options
  • 28-10-2012 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Pretty sure someone here can help me sort this out.

So, my Atomiswave is fitted with a mech to accept 100 yen coins. I don't have any such coins but I do have a handful of Sega and Konami tokens (thanks steve!).

IMAG0227.jpg

Now obviously I can set my mvs 1 slot to freeplay but I'm the sort of guy who can't leave something like this alone.
    This is my mech

IMAG0228.jpg

So using the guide on AO wiki I set about adjusting the mech. Took a bit of fiddling and pot luck but the token is working its way though the mech and on to the switch. So far so good. Only now its stuck sitting on top of the switch, surrounded by a metal frame. How do I make the final adjustment to get the coin to fall into the collection box.

IMAG0229.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is that the coin switch wire bottom right of the gold coloured section? Hard to tell.

NshxM.jpg

So the token coin pushes the wire down but is too wide to then slide past it and out the bottom? Unless there's space to bend the wire further away from the token and let it pass, not sure what you can do other than get coins that will work.

I've a very similar mech, 81P2, that takes 100yen coins but only have a couple of them so can't spare any. But have a bunch of 50yen coins, I could give you some of them if you wanted to amend the mech again to accept that size coin.

You probably already know but that metal protection plate at the bottom can be unscrewed to give you a view of the coin going through the switch from the front. Handy when doing this kind of testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Thanks Andrew. Yeah its sitting on the wire with the wire pressed down but is caught in an enclosure.

According to a fella on AO the coin is just physically too big to pass through. Would need to hack that enclosure to make it work but even then.....

Might try go at it again to work for 5 cent coins.

Aye looks like the token too big, fine margin for the coin to push the wire down but also get past it. Sure pm me if you need some coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye looks like the token too big, fine margin for the coin to push the wire down but also get past it. Sure pm me if you need some coins.

Yeah. What a pain after the toil of getting it to pass through the mech!
    Thanks for the offer of the coins but I know they're tough to come by. I'll take you up on that offer as a last resort.

Will try convert to 5 cent first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'm having trouble with mine, i have a few 100 yen but they go through fine but no credit is added.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with mine, i have a few 100 yen but they go through fine but no credit is added.

Are you sure the coin is pushing the wire down far enough that the switch clicks?

Flick the wire all the way down with your finger until you hear a click; if it registers a credit then the coin isn't doing it's job (try bend the wire further out so the coin gets more purchase on it), if it doesn't register a credit then something is wrong with the wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Are you sure the coin is pushing the wire down far enough that the switch clicks?

Flick the wire all the way down with your finger until you hear a click; if it registers a credit then the coin isn't doing it's job (try bend the wire further out so the coin gets more purchase on it), if it doesn't register a credit then something is wrong with the wiring.

It registers but I think its the JVS to Jamma converter.. booo

Advertisement