Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron level monitor

Options
  • 27-10-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey all!

I’m currently doing my masters and I am looking at developing an app for iPhone users to check their iron levels.

A device connects to the iphone to allow the phone to take iron level readings. The app then displays the results while also showing useful information to the user e.g. a log of their readings and how to improve their iron levels.

Just wondering how much of an affect iron has on your sporting lives? Would you be interested in using something like this? Rather than having to go to the doctor to get your levels checked you would be able to monitor it yourself (therefore more time and cost efficient).

The device that connects to the phone would be similar to the one used in the diabetes app - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2113676/New-iPhone-app-iBGStar-device-allow-diabetics-manage-condition.html

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

it sounds like a great idea - I'd say there's quite a few around here that are irony deficient ;)

Anything that can accurately help people monitor iron levels etc and not have to line the pockets of their GP for a basic test would get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

if it is accurate and consitent it would be quite as useful tool.
    if you need some guinea pigs I would be happy to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

interested wrote: »
    it sounds like a great idea - I'd say there's quite a few around here that are irony deficient ;)

Anything that can accurately help people monitor iron levels etc and not have to line the pockets of their GP for a basic test would get my vote.

interested i would advise you to device the irony tester i think you could win a nobel price with that

Advertisement