Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker WP645TS-HD Hard-drive support

Options
  • 27-10-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I believe I read somewhere(can't find the reference) that this STB has a max HDD size of 320GB.
    Given current HDD sizes, this seems to me like a very small limit.

I haven't been able to find an PDF manual for this box online so I'm unable to check the spec sheet.

Ideally I would like to be able to use it with a 500GB or 1TB drive as I have quite a few of those lying around.

My questions are:
    1) Can the STB made use drives > 320GB and if so are there consequences of using > 320
    e.g.
    -- Must use firmware 2.9 or greater
    -- Must be formatted by PC first before use as FAT32
    -- Media files can use the extra space but PVR is limited to 320GB

2) Can I plug more than one HDD into this box using a USB hub?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The manual is on the "Downloads" section here: http://www.tvtrade.ie/saorview-combo-walker.html

It mentions HDDs > 1 TB so I assume they're supported, but it does recommend formatting disks of this size on a PC first.

I'm using a 16 GB USB stick (SanDisk Cruzer Fit) and it seems to work fine (I let it format the drive itself).
    I used a cheaper USB stick beforehand (Kingston DataTraveler G3 8 GB) and it would complain that it was too slow (then give up) when trying to timeshift or record HD channels.

Advertisement