Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailored Shirts

Options
  • 27-10-2012 12:56pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not associated with this site in any way, but I just think the idea is brilliant so I wanted to share as I'm sure some of you guys might appreciate it.

http://www.shirtbyhand.ie - completely custom tailored shirts - for a flat rate of €69. The level of customisation is fantastic, down to color of stitching, monograms etc. The guy will come and measure you to get a perfect fit - email and they'll send u a book of fabrics. Shirts are made overseas and posted to you in a few weeks. Postage is free.

I'm going to get one and so are some mates so I'll let u know the result. Anyway just thought some of you guys might like to see it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

That looks quite interesting. I've a mate who's always buying new shirts for work, I bet he'd love a tailored one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got the guy to come up to my work as loads of the lads in my office liked the idea and wanted some shirts. So he came up and I got him a room and he measured loads of us throughout the day. Everyone loved it and loads of people are going to order. I even got a deal for the company and I get a free shirt for drumming up so much business for him! Will let you know when I get them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

How wrong would it be if I got my initials on the chest part? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Actually, I thought this was an Irish site? Why am I seeing German when it comes to registration? me no trust!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's a Franchise. Dutch company originally. This is the Irish Arm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'd prefer that sexy blonde girl to come measure me!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kevmy85

A similar style idea here
    tailor4less.com

Except you input and update your own measurements yourself (guided by a tutorial video) but the prices are pretty good. I've taken the plunge and ordered some stuff from it myself - I'll let you know if it ends in disaster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Bivolino is another one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

wouldn't mind getting measured up for a 3 piece suit!!

Got a delivery from www.shirtbyhand.ie today for a load of the lads in the office - well happy! We're all pretty impressed, the quality is excellent, fits great. Going to order a few more now I think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Zascar wrote: »
    Got a delivery from www.shirtbyhand.ie today for a load of the lads in the office - well happy! We're all pretty impressed, the quality is excellent, fits great. Going to order a few more now I think!
    Good to hear. I was waiting for a report before ordering.

The one I got is basically just like this one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=351418958271689&set=a.351418681605050.82493.308408722572713&type=1&theater - but I have the P29b which is a herringbone fabric in blue. Some of the other lads got the reg floral pattern on a white shirt and it looks great I'm going to get one of them too..

Advertisement