Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for 23year old in Panel Conversion

Options
  • 27-10-2012 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi folks. I bought a panel van with the greatest excitement at the thought of converting it into a camper. After punishing myself trying to find an appropriate insurance broker for weeks my head is GONNE! I'm 23 and on a v strict budget. Any of you wise guys have a heads up about insurance for 23year olds? Or should I give up?

Thanks.
    Much Appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

barnabee90 wrote: »
    Hi folks. I bought a panel van with the greatest excitement at the thought of converting it into a camper. After punishing myself trying to find an appropriate insurance broker for weeks my head is GONNE! I'm 23 and on a v strict budget. Any of you wise guys have a heads up about insurance for 23year olds? Or should I give up?

Thanks.
    Much Appreciated.

Get a member of your family to insure it and put you as a named driver.

Or crewcab it in the short term with a 'garage' type space 'dedicated to the carriage of goods with a floor length of at least 45% of the wheelbase yada yada.

If you intend to carry passengers in the back you'll want to tax it privately for the two years until your 25 or run foul of the customs crowd.

Advertisement