Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 install

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

Got this error too (used to get in when installing Win 7 aswell). To get past it I have to physically disconnect all my hdds bar the one I'm installing too, then it installs fine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saw this on the test box in work when my boss was trying to stick the Enterprise release on it, I think it was a storage-controller issue (as in, there was a PCI/PCI-E SATA adapter connected to the board that was causing problems). Disconnecting all the HDs except the target wouldn't hurt, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mossie

Elysian wrote: »
    Got this error too (used to get in when installing Win 7 aswell). To get past it I have to physically disconnect all my hdds bar the one I'm installing too, then it installs fine.

This is what I did too in the end and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Had this too on Enterprise RTM 64 bit. Disconnect all but one hard disk solved it for me too. Interestingly, I have installed all the public pre-release versions of W8 previously (both x86 and x64) but didn't have this issue on any of them

Advertisement