Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simmental X

Options
  • 26-10-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Well lads, I have six Simmental x heifers and I was wondering what the best bull to put on them to get good wealings from them? They will be calving down at 28 months

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

New farmer wrote: »
    Well lads, I have six Simmental x heifers and I was wondering what the best bull to put on them to get good wealings from them? They will be calving down at 28 months

Thanks for any info

easy calving lim would be good,ive had good calves after PAM out of sim heifers but cant get them anymore,RHF is easy calving but wont knkow about calves for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I have to agree on the limo. you get top class breeders if you get heifers and the limo helps throw a bit more style in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 New farmer

Ye thanks lads was looking at d limo ahz or hca does anyone got calves out of d sim bull apz would like to put him on one

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Ye thanks lads was looking at d limo ahz or hca does anyone got calves out of d sim bull apz would like to put him on one

Ya I was going to suggest APZ , I've seen a few nice calves of him lately. Very easily calved and shaped up nicely after a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Thanks for any info

Are they 1/2 or 3/4 bred Simx?
    I'd be inclined to go with a proven easy calving Lim, the progeny whether bulls or heifers will be very saleable from a good lim.
    I wouldn't mind trying a Blonde on them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

Used Dovea Saler BHF on a light coluored 3/4 Simmental Heifer that i thought was a bit stumpy to use a LM the result was a smashing dark red Bull calf with a white star the size of my Palm, He turned out a great Calf was scored by ICBF with great results. done over 1.4kgs a day on cow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are they all chilled out animals... Guy I know used to buy in some sim weanlings and god they were relaxed ,you'd walk up to them and have to nudge them a few tines to shift them total contrast to the phsyco bronco lims same guy bought ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Glocca

how do , what would be a fair price to pay for a month old Simmental heifer calf

Advertisement