Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of techie help needed with connectors

Options
  • 26-10-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

going out of my tiny untechnical mind here, i'm sure the answer is glaringly obvious but i don't know enough about this crap to see it. hopefully someone here can help?

trying to connect a clearomizer to the 601-c pipe with these three bits of metal...

8125874376_ac40c1379e_z.jpg

from left - 510 extender adaptor thingy- 510 to 510 and 510 to ego. this is the order that they need to go inside the stem of the pipe, with the clearomizer on the end of all three.

- all of the individual pieces work on their own, i've tested them with cartomizers and the clearomizer on an ego battery
    - they all work in whatever configuration i can think to put them in on the ego, using both a cartomizer and the clearo.
    - when i put all these to one side, and stick a cartomizer inside the 510 connection of the pipe, it works. so that connection seem ticketty boo as well.

but for the motherf****** life of me i cannot get all these 3 in the pipe with the clearomizer on the end - to work. i've raised and lowered the pins, testing them on an ego first. i've swapped around the first two bits - that only resulted in the smaller lad getting stuck inside the pipe stem. much cursing ensued for the hour it took me to get the fecker out again. :mad:

the end of the bit that needs to go in the pipe stem looks like this:

8125873824_a3a123e940.jpg

and the inside of it looks like this:

8125851451_609e697806.jpg

does it matter that the pin is solid instead of having a hole in it the centre like the others? it works on the ego though... so it mustn't. or does it? i'm not seeing that it's the 510 female connector inside the pipe cause like i said, a carto still works in there. so what in the ******* name of ******* jaysis am i doing wrong. it has to be something simple... doesn't it? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Have you a multi-meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

jamie72 wrote: »
    Have you a multi-meter?

No. But I will have later this evening. What's your plan?

You'll be able to use the meter to test where the connection is failing. Just put piece by piece together, use the continuity tester (the thing that beeps when you touch the probes together) to see when the connection doesn't exist anymore. If you don't know what I mean, I'm sure whoever owns the meter will be able to show you.

cheers jamie, it'll be borrowed by a friend of a friend from a friend of a friend kinda thing so no 1st hand knowledge... but i think i get what you mean. i'll have a go when it gets here.

If you're stuck, let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

does it matter that the pin is solid instead of having a hole in it the center like the others?
    Yes if it's an auto, the hole down the center is for the auto switch to know when you suck.
    If it's manual the fewer holes the better as long as the carto/clearo can draw air your golden.
    Will you need the 510 to 510? wouldn't the clearo go on the ego end and the conector to the extender as in extender then 510 to ego with the clearo on that? Unless its a length of the stem thing in which case you might need the extra length.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Yes if it's an auto, the hole down the center is for the auto switch to know when you suck.
    If it's manual the fewer holes the better as long as the carto/clearo can draw air your golden.

well now. fair play to you tommy - i had a feeling it was something simple but i had no idea it was THAT simple. of course it makes complete sense... feel like a right tit now redface.png:p
    tommy2bad wrote: »
    Will you need the 510 to 510? wouldn't the clearo go on the ego end and the conector to the extender as in extender then 510 to ego with the clearo on that? Unless its a length of the stem thing in which case you might need the extra length.

usually you wouldn't need the 510-510 from what i've read but those extender things are usually around 23mm, the one i got from the best shop is 20mm. i sent them an email [two actually] to see if was an anomaly or if i even had the right thing but they never replied. the 510-510 makes everything fit, maybe 1 or 2 mm over but you wouldn't notice.

can you get those extender things with holes? i can never find an image of them head on, only from the side so you can't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

One of the lads on UKV got this one and said it worked, I think its about 23mm long.

newmark wrote: »
    One of the lads on UKV got this one and said it worked, I think its about 23mm long.

cheers newmark. i noticed yesterday the one the best shop sent me wasn't the one in their photos so it's in the post back to them. if they replace it fair enough, if not i'll buy that one. been using cartomizers in it the last few days, ok as an interim measure but not really a fan of the flavour from them.

Advertisement